The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Incent or non Incent for T-shirts business?

arunk89

I am starting a team shirt business where I'll be handling everything. I. E. Won't be using teespring type services.

I do have decent budget for advertising. But I am planning to have affiliates promote it on social media like Instagram, Tumblr, etc.

However, I am confused whether I should allow incent or not.

Logically, even cash incent by affiliate is fine for me as it results in sale. However, seeing so many cpa programs frown upon it, makes me wonder if there is any downside to it.

I am starting a team shirt business where I'll be handling everything. I. E. Won't be using teespring type services.

I do have decent budget for advertising. But I am planning to have affiliates promote it on social media like Instagram, Tumblr, etc.

However, I am confused whether I should allow incent or not.

Logically, even cash incent by affiliate is fine for me as it results in sale. However, seeing so many cpa programs frown upon it, makes me wonder if there is any downside to it.

Most ad networks frown-upon incent traffic only for specific models of offers. For example, some advertisers don't encourage incent traffic on Install offers because they want the users to install the app and use it in the long run, naturally.

But in your case, if your purpose is to sell t-shirts, your only downside might be that you can't count on WOM (word-of-mouth) promotion or recommendations from your previous/existing customers to new ones.

Also, I'm not sure if Incent will work for your type of product, because it involves a purchase (so your gift to them would be something like a discount, if you're thinking of incentivizing with money).

I am, however, curios about how you're thinking to take things forward and how you want to stimulate your affiliates to sell. So I'll be waiting for more details on your strategy, if you want to share some :)

MI
Back