The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Importance of Meta description

pow-wow

affiliate
There are has been many argument that the meta-description is no longer important. Some SEO doesn't really consider putting meta tags though it wouldn't hurt your site, just make sure you keep it short and relevant.

You can make the most of meta description tags to display targeted keywords, not for ranking purposes, but to indicate the content to searchers. It can serve as a text advertisement to click on your results in the search results and to describe the content of the page accurately and succinctly.

Try changing the description of a well positioned page to something irrelevant and see what happens.

You can make the most of meta description tags to display targeted keywords, not for ranking purposes, but to indicate the content to searchers. It can serve as a text advertisement to click on your results in the search results and to describe the content of the page accurately and succinctly.

And some also argue that the CTR is also monitored in the natural results as it is in the Adwords results. If you titles and snippets suck then your positions will get worse.

The Description is incredibly important.

If not for SEO, it certainly is for CTR.

I personally think it's important for both.

KP

Again, I will answer a question with a question.

IF (as many argue), the description tag is unimportant to Google, why do they warn you about dupplicates in their webmaster tools ? ;)

Again, I will answer a question with a question.

IF (as many argue), the description tag is unimportant to Google, why do they warn you about dupplicates in their webmaster tools ? ;)

Top reply, OWG!

As some other guys said above...I think the description is important for both ranking purposes and CTR.

I have carried out tests, got a test site to rank for some mediumly competitive phrases, then changed the descriptions and watched the rankings suffer a little, then placed the same description sitewide, and watch the site plummet like a Uk Building societies stock value!

I have carried out tests, got a test site to rank for some mediumly competitive phrases, then changed the descriptions and watched the rankings suffer a little, then placed the same description sitewide, and watch the site plummet like a Uk Building societies stock value!

That being the case I'm off to look at check my descriptions.

banners
Back