The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

I'm stuck.. any help please?

dearly09

I have a couple of questions.. Does blogging really help sales? I am having a hard time with this. I have been working at this and writing everyday for a couple of months and still haven't made a sale. Maybe I am just a bad writer? I can't seem to get people to even read my articles. I think my titles are good but..?

I have been using squidoo and that I never have people viewing my articles but with wordpress and a couple others I do get views. I just don't know if this is for me I guess.. Any suggestions?:confused:

Are your blogs about make money online??? If so, that's the problem. You are competing with TONs of pros and there is so much noise it would be hard to get your articles found even if they were excellent.

Does not matter if your articles are great if no one can ever find them due to over saturation of a market.

As far as sales go, even if you were in a good niche it can take 1,000 visitors before you make your 1st sale, so in addition to working on content you need to market and drive traffic.

Read all the stickies in the newbie forum. Then work on finding a niche that isn't too competitive. Read the sticky in the niche forum about how to find your 1st niche.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

If you find the right niche and still have bad luck with it, it may be that you do need to fine-tune your writing. I refer to the blog called Copyblogger for all my writing tips and advice on blogging, because it is its own form of writing. It needs to be written in a way that keeps readers going and engaged.

But anyway, good luck finding your niche and I hope you luck changes.

Are you promoting your blog?

What kind of traffic are you getting, organic or social? What are you promoting and how?

It is difficult to analyze without having more information.

I use blogger and seems to work okay
I can only share what works with me
I post at least twice a week
Stay on topic
Make sure that each and every post is top drawer content
Minimal promos so I have a blog that has about 100 posts and I think less than 5 are actually product promotions
Bookmark your posts
Apply SEO to each post
Technorati is a good idea

Good luck

Maybe I am just a bad writer? I can't seem to get people to even read my articles.

Dont worry about that!, I suck at writing I really do but people still come to read it and not one of them is my mother;), just be yourself in your posts:).

Also use twitter , allot of my traffic comes from it, post allot about what you are up to in your niche and people start to find you and follow along, also social sites like facebook, mybloglog and utterli works great for me too, get your name out their!:D

Keep at it and you will get their.

You're not alone in your "sentiments". all the best advises were given already, but this I may say is important too. "think positive" - and remember, quitter never wins. As long as you love your craft, success will just come without you knowing it.

What you may need to do is take a step back and rethink the way you are trying do drive your traffic. I've found it very important to find solid keywords that relate to your niche. Your keywords are what others are using to find what they are looking for. If they are using your keywords then they will have a better chance of finding your.

I've also found it useful to ping your site or even your article url to get the attention of Google.

In your articles, use your keywords a few times throughout your article. This is how the search engines find them and this is how you can get ranked by them. Once your keyword(s) start getting noticed they Google will pick them up and start showing them on Google Search. This might take some time though so don't give up.

Solid keywords and related and relevant backlinks are key to leading traffic.

Hope my 2-bits help :)

I think it would help if you focus more on your niche market and creating a content that your niche would fall for. My website have never ranked first in its keyword in google, but i never ran out of inbound inquiries from my website.

Always remember to address the "What's in it for me?" mindset of your clients. If that question will not be addressed then you are just one of the hundreds of related websites that they are searching, and they simply move to the next related site.

Hope this helps..

Thanks everyone! It's just that I can't even get people to look at them and they are not all about making money. Most of them aren't at all because I know how tough that one would be. I try to use a keyword analyzer and I think that has helped a little bit with the title of my blogs. And I do feel that some that I have written are good but I just can't get people to view them. Even when I do backlink it to articles or whatever. I'm just frustrated..:p But I know I am new and it will take some time so.. thanks for the support!

dearly09,

Time is probably the key. If I were you I would continue to do what you are doing. Write articles and continue to try and get quality related backlinks. You just can't get enough of them. I also went to your sig link and noticed that your promoting a make money item. If you use Google's Keyword tool you will notice that the Avg. Search Vol. is very high for this niche. Pick a few of the good keywords and search them in Google with quotes around them and see what the supply is. I'm sure it's a lot. I'm not saying that you won't get this working for you but it's hard to work against the big boys so to speak. You might consider looking for a smaller niche. Just a suggestion and you can toss it or do what ever. I'm just trying to give you my 2 bits :eek:

Good luck.

To be very honest, I really think you need to narrow down your niche a whole lot.

Find something you're good at. Really good at. Trust me, you have something, maybe you just don't realize it.

Ask yourself, "Am I giving people advice on something I've never actually done (i.e. "making money online")?

Why not blog instead about what you've come across that works AND doesn't work. You need to tell stories because that is how you will eventually be able to position yourself as an expert in your VERY TIGHT NICHE.

If you really are a good writer, why not give people tips about writing?

I would go and get a self-hosted Wordpress blog right away and just start talking about what you DO know. There are tons of ways that you can promote a blog and you'll learn if you do your homework. Then, you can also share with your readers your successes and failures.

Above all...

Be Honest and Tell It Like It Is.

This has worked wonders for me.

Go For It!

Sheree

P.S. Don't be afraid to do something DIFFERENT!!!

Just be patient..and your hard work will be recognize soon. Continue what you are doing and add some extra time learning how to improve your link building because it will also get some viewers/readers attention when your blog/site has a high page rank on Google, Yahoo, and Msn. Ok?;)

Use Yahoo Answers, social media, and forums about your topic to promote and get traffic. And read jcorkern's article writing strategies from this forum. They're golden.

MI
Back