The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

I'm A Newbie(With Lots of Questions)

KillerRKO17

I know this is my first post, but once I get past this "hole in the road" I'll start becoming active.

Hey, I just started doing clickbank.com and article marketing about a week ago.

I wanna make sure I'm doing everything right so I'm not wasting my time

1. Should I only submit my article to one article directory? I've originally submitted to ezinearticles.com but I've later added them to 4-5 other sites to get more exposure. Is this a bad thing? I've heard it's bad for search engine rankings and other things.

2. Same as above, but what about squidoo, digg, and sites like that?

3. Should I only submit articles that I'm passionate about? I'm very much into health, fitness, working out and stuff along those lines. Should I even consider writing about something else?

4. What's the deal with keywords? This is what I've been doing. I'll go here:
Free Keyword Suggestion Tool From Wordtracker

I'll Type in something broad on the topic like "build muscle" and just add keywords in there from highest amount of searches down and keep going until I run out of room on ezinearticles

5. I've heard another thing about keywords. Say I make one of my keywords "build muscle fast". I've heard something like if I add that term in my actual article as much as possible to get higher in searches for that keyword. Is this true?

6. How can I get higher in search engines, or get more free traffic to my articles?

7. Any other common mistakes newbies make? Any tips for me?

8. I can do this if I'm 13, right?

9. If I can if I'm 13, I don't need a PayPal or anything like that(that requires to be 18). I just request a check from clickbank and I'm set?

I know this is alot to ask, sorry If I get these answers to these questions I'll be able to be much more productive and efficient with my work, and have more confidence in what I'm doing.

Thank you all so much
-Ethan

Hi Ethan,

Welcome to 5 Star. You sound pretty excited to learn. Most of your questions have been answered several times and discussed, so I'll try to point you to some of those threads. But you'll find it's much easier if you just ask one question or 2-3 related per post. When people see a list of that many questions sometimes it looks too overwhelming to answer so they just ignore.

I have carpal pain and can't type alot, so I'll just try to answer a couple in no particular order.

1) Article marketing. I don't deal with this at all but most of the advice I've read here says to submit to several article directories. Here are some of the best article marketing threads and a couple are about submission strategies.

4) Keyword research - the best threads -

8) Many affiliate programs require you to be 18 to join. I don't know if Clickbank has a minimum but I know most do.

Be sure to read the stickies in the newbie forum, you'll get lots of great info there.

Hi

Linda, Hope your wrist gets better soon ;)

Newbie, I use two article marketing sites ezinearticles and goarticles. I think if you aim to submit about 4 articles a week, you will soon get noticable traffic to your site

Squidoo and hubpages are two other sources of backlinks to your money site but must confess, I keep promising myself i'll squidoo but haven't got round to it yet

To get high rankings in the search engines you need to do dome search engine optimization, both on page and off page

As a 13 year old, I would only do this as a hobby and focus more on my education

Go ahead and submit to several directories to gain as much exposure as you can. But beware of EzineArticles.com because they are rather strict with their submission guidelines, so be sure to read them carefully.

Like Linda said, SEO requires both on and off page optimization. It may get alittle tricky for you at first but you SHOULD take time to learn the techniques beacuse it is going to help you a long way.

Don't be restricted by the topics! Go out there and let people know you can write! Flaunt your knowledge and passion.. Nobody says a soccer player can't run a business? It is the branding that matters.

A common mistake newbie make is that they sign up for as many affiliate program as they can see and just hammer on them. This is a NO NO! Focus on a good one, do your research properly before selecting the product and set aside some time learning some affiliate marketing techniques.

In time to come, spend most of your time marketing and not just learning how to do it..

Just my $0.02 worth :cool:

MI
Back