The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

If a 4 Year Old Girl can do it - You can too!

Linda Buquet

affiliate
Well if a 4 year old can make it - then I think you can too!

Here's a nice uplifting story I picked up over at Rosalind's forum a couple days ago
about Pippy, a 4 year old girl who has a blog that outranks Amazon and is pulling in sales.
<blockquote>"In the last week, Pippy has made 7 affiliate sales. The number isn't high. However, considering that Pippy is only 4 years old, I thought this wasn't bad going."</blockquote>
Read the rest at the NetProfitsToday.com Forum :: NetProfitsToday.com :: If she can do it, you can...
I checked out her Google rankings - she's doing great!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang it - I've gotta quit multi-tasking and check my links before posting.
If it's wrong here, it's wrong at my blog too. Darn it!

Fixed in both places.

Thanks for letting me know Tony!

Thanks for posting correct link Larry!

Way to go Pippy.:D That is a really cute story. Guess my fascination with names but uhh is Pippy her actual name or what would Pippy be the nickname for? Love that story.:) Smart parents, too.:) Gonna have to make a search and see if I can find her blog.:)

Thanks Linda:) Had searched but didn't include the wordpress in it. Was cute reading these posts from 3 year olds and 2 year olds. (uhh their parents actually doin the posts lol )

Its a cute idea for an affiliate parent to get their little ones to "talk" about a cool toy or kids video and then the parents blog it. Could make an otherwise normal blog pretty viral by having it "owned" by a little kid.

Nice story

I liked Pippy's story very much. I wish I was 4 again, and had such parents! Not that my parents aren't great, but they taught me that everybody should learn well in school, get a job immediately afterwards and keep it till retirement.

That is awesome work that Pippy is making sales at the age of four. It reminds me of the time when I was selling mangoes on the side of the road with my sisters but I was about 9. We would spend the profits on candy at the local corner store.

You have to love child prodigies like Pippy!

Its a cute idea for an affiliate parent to get their little ones to "talk" about a cool toy or kids video and then the parents blog it. Could make an otherwise normal blog pretty viral by having it "owned" by a little kid.

Hi,

This is Mark, Pippy's dad, here.

Thanks for picking up on the story!

However, I thought I'd explain the background.

The idea sort of came the other way around. I have a blog, as does Mary (my wife), and when Pippy started getting into surfing (age 3!), then she asked whether she could have one.

That's when, after a week or so of parental discussion, we decided that she could, but only if she dictated, and one of us typed.

I wasn't considering this a commercial thing in the slightest - I was thinking that it would be interesting for her, and by the time she is 18, might be an amazing historical record of someone growing up at the beginning of the 21st Century! Given that Pippy has just turned 5, it's already proving interesting from a personal point of view to see how she's developing and learning.

Then, it turned out that there are plenty of other children "surfing with their parents", but next to none who are blogging. (There were a couple which looked very contrived - to the extent that I was worried about whether they were genuinely written by children - this is a huge concern for any parent on the Internet - _I_ read the comments on Pippy's blog, and have to delete some of them before she's allowed to look :-( )

Hence we started getting a surprising number of hits from strangers for what I'd been imagining would only be a blog read by the extended family.

Several of the parents started asking whether there was going to be a Numberjacks DVD. (Numberjacks is her favourite TV programme, and what we started getting the hits for.)

Then the head of the production company started posting comments on the blog... one of which turned out to be the Internet's first annoucement that he'd struck a DVD deal!

One of the tricks I've learnt on my own blog is to take an interesting comment, and turn it into a main post (always, of course, crediting the original author) so I made that into a "Daddy Writes ... there is going to be a Numberjacks DVD" post on her blog.

... which suddenly got us at the top of Google for "Numberjacks DVD".

Then, when Amazon and Play (big UK DVD/CD merchant) listed the DVD, I figured why not make an affiliate link out of it?

It's not exactly earning enough money to set her up a trust fund, but heh, if Amazon will offer me money for helping people finding a product they're searching for, why not???

Since that, I've started taking Affiliate programmes a lot more seriously. I've now launched two in my own businesses.

Regards,

Mark Harrison

Oh, and Pippy is short for "Phillippa."

Hey Mark,

I'm thrilled you found this story and came to post
to give us some more background on how it all happened.

I think it's ADORABLE and very inspiring to other affiliates.
Thanks for sharing!

Now that you are here and you and Pippy are sort of like STARS here at
5 Star :p hope you'll come back often and join in some of the discussions.

MI
Back