Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

IDN domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meti

affiliate
Hey,

Just out of curiosity, have you ever registered a IDN domain? You may think, what is a IDN, (Internationalized domain names).

I registered a swedish IDN domain (bläddra.com), translation would be, browse.com, I'll wait a few years before I go on developing it though.

What's your view? I think these kind of domains can be a great hit in the near future, there are a few browsers that accept foreign characters, on the URL field.

Meti

Yes... I have registered a LOT of IDNs.
In the past month I have registered more IDNs than conventional English domain names.

And IMHO, this business is going to be a great hit in the coming days.

-Shadab.

And IMHO, this business is going to be a great hit in the coming days.

I have to admit, I agree, and I am looking forward seeing this business grow; unfortunately, I do not wish to register many domains so I am quite picky and do a lot of research before registrating a domain name.

Meti

I am not sure if it's going to be a "great hit" since you are limiting direct access for this domain to your region only.

Even if browser supports this kind of domain user will have to enable your language on his computer to be able type in URL with special characters.

Agreed, but the characters such as (eg, ¨ ) I am pretty sure every net user has it, so some characters are a good investment.

Regards,
Meti

ALso i could help anyone translating from English to Turkish words.. And you can buy really cool generic domains in turkish..

Yep, I've been holding on to quite a few IDNs a few years. need quite big pocket money to keep those... :(

Yep, I've been holding on to quite a few IDNs a few years. need quite big pocket money to keep those... :(

I have been and will always hold these domain names, I think they are a very good investment.

- Meti

Status
Not open for further replies.
banners
Back