The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Ideas for Ad Copy from Offer Landers

tom804

I dont know if anyone else has had this issue, but when looking at an offer page I find it impossible to pull inspiration for ad copy. I find them to be really bare and lacking appeal. How do you guys/gals pull ideas from this? Ive tried pulling from competitors but that just results in my copy following the fold. Any suggestions?

It's not necessarily easy for everyone, but I believe this is a skill anyone can learn. Few can glance at a page and pull USPs in moments, but anyone can get there by using a process.

My personal approach:

First, start thinking about which aspects are appealing on the page. It's tough because you probably aren't the target audience for your ad, and this is probably an unhelpful cliche, but it's the truth: you have to think in their mindset. Pretend you have the problem. Ask yourself a bunch of questions and narrow them down as you go.

For example: Why do I want to lose weight? Why haven't the things I tried in the past work? Will this actually work? What makes this different from the other things I've tried? Is this risky? Is this worth the money?

Then, work backward and answer each question in a way that comforts the potential buyer. Be specific, though. Something on the offer page likely lends this info already.

"Is it risky?" is answered with "No, it's not" and followed with "because Dr. X recommends it" - but note that you should also be qualifying Dr. X or any "leveraging tool" you're using to improve the perception of your product. "Dr. X recommends this" means little, but "multi-award winning Dr. X, author of I'm Definitely A Real Doctor, claims he's never seen anything as effective as this before - and the results are showing!"

Once you have the meat and potatoes of what your target audience is looking for, apply classic copywriting angles and techniques to spice it up. Add pressure by implying time sensitivity/limitations; draw attention to powerful points with proper formatting; tell stories to appeal to emotions; etc.

If you look at it like it's impossible, you'll never break it into pieces. Your first few will be bad - pay attention to what you're doing and vary it up. Remember that you are not your audience, so you can only do your best to accommodate them - that means sometimes something you think is fucking perfect will fall flat to your audience. Be willing to abandon and don't give up! Eventually you will spend two seconds looking at an offer page before knowing how to crack it - or at least where to begin, which is 90% of the battle :)

MI
Back