The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

I.T Support

G

gkd_uk

What do you do when something goes wrong with your PC, software or network?

It depends on what is broken. I usually research Internet to find out what is wrong, I think it is the best free resource. Only that it takes time and not always help :(
Best to have a friend who is a computer geek and likes you enough to help you when you're in trouble ;)

Check on the net first on a reliable pc site first as I have done in the past and they usually come up trumps. Helped me out big time when the main pc lost the internet and the other pc was ok.

Around two years ago the pc that my son was on suddenly made a noise and sparks started to fly and the pc went off that he was on. As it was such a dramtic thing to happen (for me anyway) I went to one of my neighbours who is a PC Technician to ask his advice. Turned out that the PSU blew. He said we were lucky that it didn't blow the motherboard too. I switched it off pretty quickly at the time so that I think saved it perhaps.

So it is lucky to have some people around who know what they are talking about. :)

I've been fixing PCs since I was 7 years old - doesn't matter if it's hardware or software related. So I just roll up my sleeves and fire away. :D

My full time job is I.T Support so I can normally fix my issue myself and save money.

All family and friends always contact me when they have an I.T issue so they can get the issue sorted for free :)

I know somebody who does not do the basics of even looking after their pc. No anti virus running, only just got a firewall but don't know how to use it.

They also don't run any antispyware programs or do a deframent on their pc.

That is quite frightening.

I know somebody who does not do the basics of even looking after their pc. No anti virus running, only just got a firewall but don't know how to use it.

They also don't run any antispyware programs or do a deframent on their pc.

That is quite frightening.

Run away from that person! Or you'll be the one sorting all the trouble and destruction such users do (and they are very very resourcefull in this matter).

;)

I've tried to tell them on numerous occasions about it but it doesn't sink in. Then they moan later how slow their pc is running. Lucky for me he has somebody else to sort it out for me as I live a bit far away. :D

I've tried to tell them on numerous occasions about it but it doesn't sink in. Then they moan later how slow their pc is running. Lucky for me he has somebody else to sort it out for me as I live a bit far away. :D

You have been doing well recently, opening your own PC's and fixing them :)

How does it feel?

You have been doing well recently, opening your own PC's and fixing them :)

How does it feel?

Thanks gkd. It does feel really good to feel capable to manage to sort out some of the problems with the pc's in my house without having to take it to somebody who is qualified and have to pay them when I'd save money doing it myself too.

I'm glad to have you guys to help me out with some of my problems. It means a lot. :cool:

Any time Bionic Woman - at your service when you need us :)

It is best to learn yourself rather then paying someone

MI
Back