The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

I scored a coup on my website

KLB

affiliate
As most people here know, I run a website called EnvironmentalChemistry.com and I regularly publish new articles written by professionals in environmental chemistry related fields. Well today I published an article I would say was a real coup for me. The article is on the Russian ban of Norwegian farm raised salmon due to elevated levels of cadmium and Norway's efforts to cover up the truth about the cadmium and illegal nitrate use.

The reason the article was a coup for me is that it is actually written by an individual who was a senior scientist in seafood safety for the Norwegian government at the National Institute of Nutrition and Seafood Research (NIFES) and as a result was at the center of the storm when this issue broke and essentially became a whistle blower. American's may not have heard much about this issue, but in Europe (especially Norway) it has been very big news. In fact, the scientists who have been trying to shed light on this cover up have been branded as traitors by the Norwegian salmon industry.

You can read the article at (be warned there is a lot of science): Norwegian farmed salmon production raises global concern

It's not often that a small site like mine can pull in a big article like this. In fact, I think it is not only the biggest news story I've published, but also one of the most important articles I've published. It isn't only a story about one country banning another country's product, but a story of deception, violations of food safety regulations and just how big of an impact regional issues can have in a global economy.

Now my challenge is to try and promote this article in ways I don't normally promote other articles I have published. If people know of blogs it would be well suited for I'd really appreciate help in getting people to blog about it. It is a story that people need to hear about.

MI
Back