The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

I need to know...

tcampbell

Hello everyone,

Please, if you have the time can I get a reply to the following questions below:

1. Will GoDaddy hosting work for a niche/affiliating website?
2. Do I need to purchase WordPress ?s pro package to necessarily get rid of advertising and increase my overall space. For example, shouldn?t I be able to have a host and only have to map the domain for 12 dollars/yr to WordPress and my site should be clear of ads, and have the benefits of my hosting plan?
3. Are you allowed to have Ebay, Amazon, and other affiliate programs all on the same site?

I look forward to reading your answers.

Thank you,
Taylor

1) Yes

2) All you need is Wordpress and it's free. It's also ad free so I don't understand the rest of what you said.

3) Yep, sure can.

Linda,

Thank you for responding, but on wordpress you do have to pay of course that is entirely on you. For example, for me to get CSS I have to pay 30/yr. Regardless, I still have to pay 12/yr to map my domain name. If you use the pre made templates you have advertisment at the bottom that tells you who made the template, and for a pro upgrade I'm guessing that is what they mean by no ads.

Linda,

Thank you for responding, but on wordpress you do have to pay of course that is entirely on you. For example, for me to get CSS I have to pay 30/yr. Regardless, I still have to pay 12/yr to map my domain name. If you use the pre made templates you have advertisment at the bottom that tells you who made the template, and for a pro upgrade I'm guessing that is what they mean by no ads.

On wordpress.com those fees may apply. Get your own hosting and WordPress is free and there are multiple additional benefits, all of that for as little as $5 a month.

Linda,

Get your own hosting with a site like Hostgator. It runs just a few dollars for a small plan where you can add on additional domains.

With one click, you can add wordpress to Hostgator. This is different than using free wordpress. The wordpress you add to the hosting will be advertisement free.

You can then add ads, Adsense, eBay etc to your website (once you are approved for these programs)

If you get stuck, send me an email thru my website (first link in signature).

I haven't heard great things about GoDaddy hosting (for the purposes of affiliate marketing), although for domains they're fine. And I will admit things could have changed since I last talked to someone with GoDaddy hosting. So take what I say with a grain of salt. :)

I personally found support at Hostgator to just be phenomenal. I use them for Hosting. That's my pick.

There are things at GoDaddy, I am not keen on. I don't like the elephant hunts or the sexist commercials. I had some domain names there but transferred them all to NameCheap.

Couple things:

1. As Laura said, Godaddy for hosting isn't recommended. I haven't heard any good things about their hosting in the past or even recently. Godaddy's thing is domains. They're great with that. Use a host (some great recommendations in this thread) that's great at hosting. I love Hostgator and Bluehost.

2. minstrel is right. Do NOT get your domain and hosting in the same place. Easy and convenient but definitely not a wise thing to do. Get hosting with a hosting site (like Hostgator) and your domain with a site that specializes in domain sales (like Godaddy).

Coupe of things:

1. Yes, Godaddy or any other web hosting provider will work fine.
2. No, you can just use a free WP (WordPress).
3. I don't see why not? Double check all the terms of the programs, but not an issue

Well -

here is another option:

HostGator is one of the best and most cost effective hosting companies. Their special offer can be found here: {URL removed}
In the coupon section put in: 1CENTOFF12 - Meaning the first month cost you only a cent! Doesn't get cheaper than that.

Choose your domain and off you go - In the script section choose to install Wordpress - one click installation - 10 seconds later you are ready to go.

No ads, no fuss.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there,

I'm using Godaddy only to get the domains and hosting with DreamHost . I've also heard about the problems hosting with Godaddy. Also I'm using WordPress for the blogs and so far I'm very satisfied. User friendly and have loads of useful plugins. Most importantly the "Better WP Security" which is a very powerful(and yet free) plugin against the annoying hacks.

banners
Back