The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

I need serious help

Hi Guys,

Here's an update:

I tried promoting mobile offers from a different affiliate network, but it still seems I am having this click loss problem. Also, I can't get any conversions. My banners are getting a relatively high CTR (2-4%), but 0 conversions on about 1500 clicks.

The banners aren't deceptive or anything like that. They are closely related to the offer.

Is there something that I could be doing wrong?

First off, you are really trying. Thats good.

You need to make sure that the flow is right and the user can convert. The first conversion will tell you that, if you can, try following your own link and signing up for the offer to see if it works.

Check with your affiliate network to see if you are accepted into the offer. Confirm this with your aff man. I know, it sounds lame. But it has happened to me before. I thought I was in an offer, the network even said I was. But I talked to my aff man and I wasn't.

If the setup part is cool, then this means that your banners are creating interest, but you are not giving the visitor enough to close him. Are you using LP's?

There could be many other reasons. The most important one I can think of is the offer. Try a similar offer from a different network with the same setup and see what happens.

I hope this works out man. I have been there. And tbh, am there every other day lately..

Hey Man,

Thanks for the inspirational words.

I haven't been doing CPA marketing that long. I started off just promoting desktop offers, got some conversions, then I found mobile. It's pretty common sense that mobile just might be the next big thing, and other affiliates are just blowing it out of the water.

So why not try it out, right?

So now my focus is solely mobile, but I'm really struggling. I have mostly been trying to promote mobile CPI games, but I'm not really getting any conversions. I'm direct lining, as I have read in multiple spots that games should convert pretty easily without a landing page. No luck. I have tried one campaign with a landing page, but that actually turned out worse than direct linking. I used the game LP from the Dojo and customized to to the game I was promoting.

Recently I thought the problem could be that I'm targeting too wide of an audience. So this is what I have been doing when I pick an offer to promote:

- Select a gaming offer that pays per install and open
- Make sure the game doesn't completely suck by looking up reviews, how many downloads, etc.
- Make some banners. I have tried the banners already created, but can only seem to get about a .5% CTR. So I created my own (closely related to the game, but I can't show you the banners because some are getting up to a 6% CTR), but none of the traffic is converting.
- Put my tracking URL from the Affiliate Network into a new Voluum offer (Currently using MundoMedia and adding "&subid1={clickid}" to the end of the URL). Select the country the offer is from and the affiliate network. Then select auto for the payout.
- I then create a new campaign in Voluum. I fill out the name, select the traffic source, select the country, don't track costs (can't with Decisive), and direct link with a 302. The link is generated and then I take it to the next step.
- Set up a campaign on a traffic source like Decisive, targeting specifically what the offer requires (Android, 2.3+, Country Required) and that's pretty much it. I have tried using just wifi traffic, just mobile traffic, just traffic from apps, just traffic from sites, and a combination of them all. No conversions.
- Let the campaign run. I have been spending $10-$20 on offers that payout $1-$2. That should be enough spend to see if an offer is good, no?
- After I let the campaign run, there isn't really anything to optimize. I get 0 conversions, so there is no way to tell what's working and what's not. Though, I have blacklisted some of the apps and things that are eating my budget. This only seems to give me much less traffic to the offer and still no conversions.

I really don't know what I'm doing wrong. It could be that I need a landing page, though many other people are successfully direct linking gaming offers...

I'm open to just about any ideas or suggestions.

Hey man,

yes mobil is already a big think, but you were already succesfull on desktop, do you switched completely or is it running?

Because a few month agos I talked with a few Affiliate Managers about the topic, if desktop or mobil is easier.
I found out that the success rate on Desktop is arround 15% and on mobil only 5%.

If you are completely new to this, maybe you should continue testing desktop to understand the basics and what is important.

But back to your Problem, maybe try another Traffic Source just ask your AM what works and if this offer gets a nice EPC, if yes this offer works.

The Network EPC is always a good indicator, if it works for other it can work for you too.

And keep going you are on the right track.

I didn't start too long ago. When I first started I was doing Desktop, had some conversions, but never any profitable campaigns. Before I got too deep into desktop, I decided to switch to mobile because it's going to be the next big thing.

Hey Man,

Thanks for the inspirational words.

I haven't been doing CPA marketing that long. I started off just promoting desktop offers, got some conversions, then I found mobile. It's pretty common sense that mobile just might be the next big thing, and other affiliates are just blowing it out of the water.

So why not try it out, right?

So now my focus is solely mobile, but I'm really struggling. I have mostly been trying to promote mobile CPI games, but I'm not really getting any conversions. I'm direct lining, as I have read in multiple spots that games should convert pretty easily without a landing page. No luck. I have tried one campaign with a landing page, but that actually turned out worse than direct linking. I used the game LP from the Dojo and customized to to the game I was promoting.

Recently I thought the problem could be that I'm targeting too wide of an audience. So this is what I have been doing when I pick an offer to promote:

- Select a gaming offer that pays per install and open
- Make sure the game doesn't completely suck by looking up reviews, how many downloads, etc.
- Make some banners. I have tried the banners already created, but can only seem to get about a .5% CTR. So I created my own (closely related to the game, but I can't show you the banners because some are getting up to a 6% CTR), but none of the traffic is converting.
- Put my tracking URL from the Affiliate Network into a new Voluum offer (Currently using MundoMedia and adding "&subid1={clickid}" to the end of the URL). Select the country the offer is from and the affiliate network. Then select auto for the payout.
- I then create a new campaign in Voluum. I fill out the name, select the traffic source, select the country, don't track costs (can't with Decisive), and direct link with a 302. The link is generated and then I take it to the next step.
- Set up a campaign on a traffic source like Decisive, targeting specifically what the offer requires (Android, 2.3+, Country Required) and that's pretty much it. I have tried using just wifi traffic, just mobile traffic, just traffic from apps, just traffic from sites, and a combination of them all. No conversions.
- Let the campaign run. I have been spending $10-$20 on offers that payout $1-$2. That should be enough spend to see if an offer is good, no?
- After I let the campaign run, there isn't really anything to optimize. I get 0 conversions, so there is no way to tell what's working and what's not. Though, I have blacklisted some of the apps and things that are eating my budget. This only seems to give me much less traffic to the offer and still no conversions.

I really don't know what I'm doing wrong. It could be that I need a landing page, though many other people are successfully direct linking gaming offers...

I'm open to just about any ideas or suggestions.

Are you using just Decisive? I have been exactly where you are at, zero or few fragmented conversions and not knowing what to do. Everyone keeps saying to block out targets that arent working and stuff, but when your ROI is at -100% there isnt much you can do I guess.

So you have some nice banners. Take them to a new traffic source man. Thats all I can say. I started seeing some green right after I left Decisive. I just couldn't make it work over there.

I think for games StartApp is good.

You could take the tracker out and then you can see if it voluum.

If you are still getting the click loss then it is not an issue with tracking.

Then change network so go with another aff network.
Still getting clickloss then not network.

Leaving the quality of traffic.

Test this by trying different countries. Or different banner sizes. Try running non ron so go into planner and pick a site and only run traffic from there. See if quality changes.

It could be a bad offer, but I assume you've tried loads and click loss still a problem.

I've had same problems with decisive.

Last edited:
Had this exact issue with Max Bounty.

Even though my GEO targets were correct on the traffic source, the source sent me traffic that did not match the requirements for the offer. I set up google analytics just to see the source and country as a backup. Sure enough I had clicks from all over the map that were outside the allowed countries.

Had this exact issue with Max Bounty.

Even though my GEO targets were correct on the traffic source, the source sent me traffic that did not match the requirements for the offer. I set up google analytics just to see the source and country as a backup. Sure enough I had clicks from all over the map that were outside the allowed countries.

Did your problem get solved by using a different traffic source? Just out of curiosity, what was the traffic source?

Did the different traffic source help when you were still using MaxBounty? Or, did you have to switch affiliate networks?

Did your problem get solved by using a different traffic source? Just out of curiosity, what was the traffic source?

Did the different traffic source help when you were still using MaxBounty? Or, did you have to switch affiliate networks?

7search.com. I didn't continue working on the offer as it was not profitable after 100 leads. I just remember having X clicks in 7 search.com, and only Y clicks in MB. Checked the country of origin and it didn't match the requirements. The right thing to do would've been to find the pub ID that accounted for the incorrect traffic and block it. But like I said, the offer turned out to be a dud so I didn't work on optimizing it more. Might be a route for you to go if you can locate the bad pub. If not, then a different traffic source is needed as you will be wasting money on restricted clicks.

Not sure about a new network...they are just the gate keeper for the advertiser...so if you find the same offer it's likely the same advertiser so the same rules will apply.

Decisive is crazy competitive at the moment. If your promoting low payout CPI offers your going to have a hard time getting them profitable. There are many other mobile networks out there over 200 :)

You could may be give mobfox or startapp a try.

Hello,

I'm running pretty much the same offers on Decisive, tracking with Voluum and I have same lame results. Already tried 3 different networks, 6 offfers (also PIN submits), no conversions. Although I do not register any click losses. Anyway - did anybody maybe tried any other offers on Decisive and can suggest some?

Thanx and best
b

Last edited:
Hey guys,

It's been awhile, but I have finally be able to have a profitable campaign! I had to ditch Decisive completely and moved onto better things. I don't want to give out any details yet, but the campaign I'm currently running is generating a healthy 100% ROI.

I always hear about people killing it on Decisive, but for me it seems their traffic sucks. I almost always get traffic from out of the targeting I selected, which just puts a bunch of traffic to waste. Their platform can also be quite the headache to use, as many of their features don't work 100% of the time.

If anyone comes across this and is struggling with Decisive, I recommend that you just move onto another traffic source.

Thanks to everyone that helped me out in the past!

Hi Awesome sauce! could you resolve the above issue? i am experiencing the exact promplem: 50% discrepancy between voluum and the affiliate network.

my skype id is Elicohen1000

thanks!

MI
Back