The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

I need reliable hosting...

E

Eagle

Can someone give me some recommendations for a decent hosting company in the UK? I'm not too fussed about price, as long as their servers are ROCK solid and have backup. I need 99% guaranteed uptime.

I need at least:

500Mb Storage
15Gb+ bandwidth per month

Understandably... ;)

Must offer ASP hosting too.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Lol...serious money too! :shock: £200+ a month is a bit beyond my budget.

I need ASP hosting (Windows)
500Mb storage
10Gb bandwidth pcm
+ the usual gubbins; email, HELM/Control Panel etc

My max budget would be £20 pcm. Ok, I accept that isn't going to buy a premium business class solution however, there must be someone out there that has a reliable service?...

What is your domain suffix and what is your Geographic target area for S/E listings???

These factors should play a part in making your choice.

.co.uk

>>>Geographic target area for S/E listings???<<<

What's that?... Search Engine? If so, I run a global service with the majority of my clients in the US. I'm beginning to break the UK market as well though... :)

Search Engines these days are very much influenced by both Server location (IP Address is geographicaly allocated), domain suffix and Searchers geographic location.

Getting good positioning in Search Engines serving up results to Our US cousins with a .co.uk domain will be very very difficult and possibly even impossible if your relevent search terms are at all competitive.

In situations such as yours, I would definately use a .com and host it on a USA located server.

For breaking into the UK Search Engines, you would need your .co.uk domain which can be hosted in the UK or USA. However, you would need to create different text content to avoid a duplication penalty. You can use your same image files because the spiders strip off everything apart from the "TEXT" when indexing and applying the Algorithm.

That's enough for now before I get carried away.

:)

www.rohost.com

my current program (a w-500 with a special offer)
1Gb space
50Gb traffic
300 e-mail addresses
40 sub-domains

The servers are really good..

:D and the price.. you don't get cheaper than that :D

Eagle,
smeagain is correct, don't go for the cheapest hosting if it will not enhance your search engine ranking, you may need to spend a little bit more if the hosting providers that meet your hosting needs is slightly more expensive.
Temi

smeagain said:
Search Engines these days are very much influenced by both Server location (IP Address is geographicaly allocated), domain suffix and Searchers geographic location.

Getting good positioning in Search Engines serving up results to Our US cousins with a .co.uk domain will be very very difficult and possibly even impossible if your relevent search terms are at all competitive.

In situations such as yours, I would definately use a .com and host it on a USA located server.

For breaking into the UK Search Engines, you would need your .co.uk domain which can be hosted in the UK or USA. However, you would need to create different text content to avoid a duplication penalty. You can use your same image files because the spiders strip off everything apart from the "TEXT" when indexing and applying the Algorithm.

That's enough for now before I get carried away.

MI
Back