The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

I need a direction please

Leon A

affiliate
I'm not sure what to do first. Do I get a hosting provider first. And then a website. what about a company name. Just a question I have because I try to fill out a appliction for a program.

Hi Leon,

Before doing anything I'd take time to read through some of the newbie stickies and niche marketing stickies. They will answer many questions, tell you what other affiliates think is the best way to start and what to avoid.

The 1st thing is to pick a niche and you'll find help in the niche forum stickies. Then there are a bunch of ways to do affiliate marketing but the most typical order would be after you pick a niche, find a domain name, then find a host, then build a site or blog.

I agree with what Linda told you. After that - when you do decide what direction you want to take (and if that direction is a website) - you want to get your domain first.

You want to get the domain first because when you sign up for a hosting account you are going to need to set your primary domain for that hosting account.

I recommend using namecheap to get your domains as they are cheap and easy - and hostgator for hosting. Host gator will allow you Yo have multiple domains on the same hosting account so you will not have to sign up for multiple hosting accounts over time (well maybe eventually if You start getting a lot of traffic).

Hope this helps.

Hello Leon,

Because you are just starting out you are going to get the most benefit and the greatest return for your efforts if you set aside an hour or two each day to study this opportunity first, (as opposed to trying to figure it out as you go along).

What I've found to be very helpful for alot of people is to study for an hour first and then practise what you've learned. Then once you see that you understand it, then you can move forward.

This is a very simple strategy that will start you off slowly and if you stick with it you will be amazed at how much progress you will make over time.

Linda's Advice is golden...

I believe those Guru Hype products to when I first marketing online..
make a "million dollars sending 3 emails crap!"

Concentrate on making your first $100 dollars online that would good for your wallet..

But Great For Your Confidence...

First time try to master the affiliate program tutorials because if you want to succeed in the future in this business you need to know any detail of the field where you will play.
After you gain some knowledge in this area, you will be able to create an action plan for you. Only after you have the plan you will think what hosting to choose, what domain for your project and what do you want to sell for your future audience.

I have some tips - you said you are 'applying for a program'. Everyday I receive applications I decline because there just isn't enough information on their profile.

1) Consider creating a simple personal blog. Even a free one such as blogger, consider it your online CV and networking profile. You can then list it on your applications.

List all the websites you create on it (you will likely create lots)
Write about what type of affilaite you are - (a PPC affiliate, niche content ?)
List all your social network profiles - linked in facebook twitter

2) Also create a handle and use it for all your social media profiles. Affiliate managers are very active on Social media networks and forums and keeping your handle consistent across them all will help you connect with the managers you work with and meet new ones.

3) be transparent. List your contact details in your applications so managers can contact you if needed.

Good luck!

Get a good hosting (I recommend Hostgator if you are a beginner), buy a domain name, via a cheap registrar (I recommend Namecheap, especially if you buy using their promo codes) and start building your site.

Get a good hosting (I recommend Hostgator if you are a beginner), buy a domain name, via a cheap registrar (I recommend Namecheap, especially if you buy using their promo codes) and start building your site.

If you have money to obtain a good hosting (paid) I'm shore you also have $9 or $10 to buy a good domain and if you don't have enough founds to pay for a good website just use e free platform, like wordpress or so.

MI
Back