The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

I have some questions

randeg

affiliate
Thank you for all your suggestions, but my head is spinning because I am new at this. Mind you I have been surfing the net for 5 months now and still don't know what to do. Don't get me wrong for I have a website for which I paid $15,000 but I am not really getting the help I was promised. I don't entirely blame them because I should not have been so trusting. I did investigate them but nothing bad turned out. I think they are a legitimate company but may be just experiencing growing pains as they seem to be new at this judging from their answers to my questions.

I am comfortable sending emails but don't we have have to pay for these? With my unfortunate experience, I am wary of doing this. And what emails could I send.? Maybe you mean solo ads on the affiliate? As for forum, this is my first time to post and I don't even know if I am doing this right. Is there a way to save it as I go because I lost the first one.

MySpace.com, what is that?

I tried to blog and registered at eBlogger but my website host said they do not support it.

How can I create my own resource center on my website and embed affiliate links there?

As for the ezine, perhaps that beyond me for now.

I already have a domain. How can I have that point as a redirect to an affiliate program? And how do I append links to my signature?

So now my questions are two-fold: First, do I stay with my web host when I have put in a lot of work on it, five months of 4 hours a day? Is SBI the way to go since I read someone say it is good.

Sorry to bother you guys with all these questions that may sound silly to you, but I am a desperate marketer.

Thanks,

Randeg

Welcome to 5 Star, randeg.

You posted in a thread started by another member who was having several problems and asking for help. There were some replies to the question asked by that other member. Then you made your post in that thread about the problems you are having.

That was a little confusing, especially with the way you started the post, and everything in that thread should be for that other member. But I see in your post that this is your first time to post and you didn't know if you were doing it right.

You should have strated your own thread. So what I did was to move your post from where it was and started your own thread.

One problem with your post is that you probably asked too many questions in one post. A lot of those questions require answers that aren't all that simple. Also some of your questions are stated in a way that makes it a little difficult to be sure what you are actually asking.

There are a lot of wonderful members here at 5 Star who would be willing to answer your questions. If might be best to ask the questions on an individual basis, one question at a time. When you do that, members can ask you to make the question more clear if it isn't clear and you will get answers to that question.

After you have received the answer you need to that question, then ask another question.

MySpace is a social network. Most of the members are in their teens and twenties.

I answered that one because it was so different than the other questions in your post.

Now that I have moved your post, some members might answer some of what you asked since some of the confusion has been removed that resulted from posting in that other thread.

If you don't receive any replies after a while, try asking some of your questions one by one on an individual basis as I suggested.

Hi Randeg,

Welcome to 5 Star and WHEW! I'm glad Larwee got to your post 1st and did all the right things. The number of questions you asked IS overwhelming and it's obvious you are overwhelmed too. You are asking about lots of things that are way over your head. So Lets start with the basics.

1st lets start here: Why did you spend 15,000 on a web site and what is the web site about? Give us a link so we can see it. Then we can give you some more meaningful answers.

Thank You Larwee

Thank you for putting me on the right track. I thought I was just requesting for clarifications regarding the suggestions given to a newcomer as to what should be done. I still don't know how and where to start a thread. Maybe I should not post anything until I learn what to do. Do you have a tutorial on the right way to participate in a forum?

Thank you again,

Randeg

Thank You, Linda

Hello Linda, i spent 15,000 on my website because that was what I was told it would cost me including coaching and all. My website is http://www.digitalcameracave.com What I should have done was surf the net to see what other resources are available.

Thank you,

Randeg

The first thing a person should do whenever they join a forum is to read the rules and try to understand them. So the first thing I'm doing is giving you a link to the rules. Here it is http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/announcement.php?f=4

Posting involves either starting a thread or giving a reply to one. I see that you know how to reply since you have done that a few times, so I'll skip that.

There is more than one way you could go about starting a thread. The basics are the same no matter how you do it. I will only cover one way. After you have done it a few times, you may discover another way that you prefer.

When you want to start a thread, try to determine the forum in which it would best fit (General Topics, Affiliate Data Feeds, Search Engine Marketing etc.). Click on the name of the forum. Then on the left, near the top you will see "NEW TOPIC" It also is on the left down the page some after the list of all the threds. Click "NEW TOPIC"

You will now see a Post New Topic page. Enter the title you want to give to your post where it says Title. Then type your message in the big box that is a little below Title. When you finish typing, scroll down a little and click "Submit New Thread"

You will then see what you have posted and it will be in the forum you selected. If you happened to have selected the wrong forum, a moderator will move it to the right forum.

Those are the basic details. If you have any additional questions about posting, please ask.

"i spent 15,000 on my website because that was what I was told it would cost me including coaching and all. My website is http://www.digitalcameracave.com "

Ok so the money is spent. Why did you pick digital cameras? Are you interested in them, do you know a lot about them? Do you know how to market online and get traffic? Are you getting any visitors?

How are you selling cameras on that site? If someone buys who ships? You don't have inventory do you? You have a shopping cart so I'm confused.

Last question for now. Digital cameras are very competitive to get top search engine rankings for and expensive to do Pay Per Click marketing. So do you want to try to build on what you have a make money with that site? Or scrap it and start over with something else?

Wow $15000

Not trying to depress you but $15K is alot of money ... altho your site looks sharp for that much I would need more.

So from this point you need to work with what you have and turn it around

Have you worked on ...

SEO ... Search Engine Optimisation
Keywords
An affiliate program

Also do you have control moving forwards, or are your web designers gonna hit you with a bill every time you want womething doing?

John Vaux

Hi John and Everyone!

I know 15K is a lot of money especially after learning there are a lot of things they don't support. I am thinking of changing hosts. Have you heard of the Ultimate Marketing Centre? It is highly recommended by Anik of Affiliate Classroom.

Thanks,

Randeg

okay how can i say this ...

I so do not like to make comments about peoples products

However I have just cancelled my subscription with them.

Even if you join you still have to get someone to build a site using the scripts they provide

Try specifying your site on guru.com

John Vaux

Thank You, Linda

I picked digital cameras because there was nothing else I could pick from the list I was given. I am interested in them, getting more so as days go by. I am getting to know more and more about it because I've been reading a lot and doing a lot of researching. I've read a lot on how to market online but you know there is such a big difference between reading and the actual thing. Many times I have asked my coach how I can make money off the site, but he has ignored my questions I'm getting more traffic now, over a hundred a day. I know this is not much based on successful marketers' standards but the problem is I am not able to get subscribers' names and their email addresses because my web host does not support opt-in list. I was told we can get the names and emails after they buy but I am learning the fact that it takes seven contacts before people will buy from you.
Visitors are supposed to click to buy and add it into the shopping cart and the one who ships is the dropshipper so I don't have to keep an inventory.
I want to keep this and I am looking for camera merchants to allow me to be an affiliate. My problem now is I would like to change host as my current one does support a lot of things I might need. What do you think of Ultimate Marketing Center as my new host? I know digital cameras are very competitive.
Thanks,
Randeg

Randeg, one thing you could do is ask for a site review here at 5 Star and also ask for suggestions on what you could do to increase your traffic as well as suggestions on how to make more money off the site. You could get a lot of very good suggestions.

MI
Back