The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

I have quite a lot of questions here goes !

Trythemon

affiliate
I have an e commerce site selling shoes though dropshipping, can I have images and descriptions of affiliate products on my website in the same way as I sell my shoes ?

I ran a competition (The prize was a pair of shoes ) I ended up with a list of people who would enter the gates of hell if they thought they could win something but were never going to pay for a pair of shoes- could I send them a newsletter with a lots of affiliates who offer prizes on ?

I have a fashion blog with adsense on it - someone said I cant have affiliates and adsense on the same blog. Is that true ?

I do collages of clothes and shoes on my blog- if I did collages of clothes from a company who did an affiliates scheme and someone clicked on the blouse or trousers and bought it would I get paid ?

Is there somewhere on the forum that discusses driving traffic ?

Could someone take a look at my blog and make some suggestions, I dont want to get told off for spamming or anything

Thanks a load

Trythemon

Hi Trythemon, welcome

I'm just passing through and thought I'd pick to questions from your list to answer quick; I only have a few minutes to kill... :cool:

I have an e commerce site selling shoes though dropshipping, can I have images and descriptions of affiliate products on my website in the same way as I sell my shoes ?
Sure, if the affiliate program provides them to you. Many programs will provide you the code and links to their images that you can integrate into your site. How you do it is going to be dependent on your setup; but it can be done.

I have a fashion blog with adsense on it - someone said I cant have affiliates and adsense on the same blog. Is that true ?
No it's not. You can't have text or ads that mimic adsense ads, but you can display adsense on the same as affiliate ads or banners no problem.

Hope that helps! I'll let someone else get the rest. :cool:

oh, and if you haven't found the section yet: traffic

Good luck with your business!

I do collages of clothes and shoes on my blog- if I did collages of clothes from a company who did an affiliates scheme and someone clicked on the blouse or trousers and bought it would I get paid ?

Could someone take a look at my blog and make some suggestions, I dont want to get told off for spamming or anything

Thanks so much Matt, great answers.

Re the collage images, yes if you have affiliate links properly attached.

Re traffic, here are a bunch of really good posts. They are older but most of the methods shoud still work. Learning SEO to get high rankings and free search traffic is the best way to go IMO.

http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...740-best-5-star-tips-how-posts.html#post48848

Re suggestions about your blog? We used to have a site review section of the forum but people abused it and it was too problematic so we no longer do site reviews. So sorry.

Hey, what about the second question, please?

I'm curious...is the list of folks who only want freebies worth using for all-purpose affiliate marketing, or only for more freebie/contest kind of stuff??

Seems like the latter to me, but I'm just a n00b....

While I've never personally done anything with the freebie market, I know that everyone does not fit into the same mold. We have no way of knowing for sure what each person on a list happens to want or need at that time.

So I'd suggest a mix and do a deals and freebies newsletter, with some freebies and contests and then some good sales for related products as well.

Yes you can but you have to have permissions to use those photos which you should have if you are an affiliate of them. For example, if you are an affiliate of Amazon you can use Amazon photos. However, you can only use Amazon photos to sell Amazon products, not other goods on your site.

Make sure you have the appropriate FTC and other required disclosures on your site.

I ran a competition (The prize was a pair of shoes ) I ended up with a list of people who would enter the gates of hell if they thought they could win something but were never going to pay for a pair of shoes- could I send them a newsletter with a lots of affiliates who offer prizes on ?

They need to opt in to a newsletter or you are in violation of CAN-SPAM laws. It is tough to make money from freebie seekers IMO. Easier to make money from advertisers who want to promote to freebie seekers.

You can have both.

If your affiliate link is embedded in the photos and you are an affiliate most likely. Unless it is email traffic only or something like that.

Thanks a load

Trythemon

Just to note shoes have an ultra high return rate. Check to see how that will effect your bottom line.

banners
Back