The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

I have many KW in Different Niches on First Page - but...

bigcat1967

I have a couple of dozen KWs that I'm on the first page. However, I've been around long enough and know that there is a BIG difference between #1 spot and #2.

Most of my niches I'm ranking from #4 to #9 on the first page. My question is, without backlinking - how can I get to the number #1 position. I know I won't be able to do it on all my niches - but a few of them would be nice.

Any suggestions of climbing from say #7 to #1 on the first page?

I know there is a statistical advantage to be in the #1 spot but in terms of traffic and conversions it's less critical in most cases than you might think. Generally, I think a site will dop just fine if it's consistently in the top 5 (i.e., page 1 above the fold for search results) and that is generally what I aim for.

Once you are in the top 10, really # of backlinks really is a factor with decreasing returns. At that point, the QUALITY of those backlinks becomes paramount, viz. are they from authority sites? do thyey contain the search term in the anchor text? does the anchor text match your page content and is it also reflected in the page title?

Just keep track on your competitors and try to find what they have that you haven't and then implement it. You may use Seomoz pro membership for that purpose. More links, more work, time, and you'be going slowly to #1.

I have a couple of dozen KWs that I'm on the first page. However, I've been around long enough and know that there is a BIG difference between #1 spot and #2.

Most of my niches I'm ranking from #4 to #9 on the first page. My question is, without backlinking - how can I get to the number #1 position. I know I won't be able to do it on all my niches - but a few of them would be nice.

Any suggestions of climbing from say #7 to #1 on the first page?

Why wouldn't you want to back link to rank higher in the SERPs? I would think that it's the fastest way to climb up from #7 to #1.

banners
Back