The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

I have begun my journey, but still have questions.

SV90

Hey guys and gals, I'm going to provide a backstory here as to kind of introduce myself and provide the setting that I'm presently in. So if you want to skip all that I will just provide the question at hand in the third paragraph. So I've been somewhat of a obsessive lurker for the last couple weeks on affiliatefix and many different sites trying to absorb as much good information as I can. Thankfully there are several good sources of info just a lot of screening of the content is needed, it can become a little overwhelming at times. Anyways I've gotten to the point where although I still have much to learn I feel confident enough to get started. I kind of would describe my process a 60/40, 40 percent of the time I put into my actual site and the other 60 percent I spend some more time researching the field so I can implement my methods in greater quality.

Now most of the research I've done and grown to be quite familiar with is running a targeted niche website with quality content such as reviews, getting it ranked up high with SEO to drive organic traffic and selling through a affiliate program. It finally made sense to me and I thought I can do that, it's going to take work but that's okay. I found a targeted but popular niche I'm genuinely interested in and have first hand experience with. With a lot of the search keywords it seems like I have one major competitor that has decent content and pulls in an average of 60,000 visits/month. I feel like if I'm going to put my hard work in, this might be a niche that might be worth it. So what's the problem you ask? let me explain.

As I continue to do my due diligence so to speak on the whole subject of affiliate marketing, I am finding that there seems to be more interest and success in other parts of affiliate marketing. Not so much the area that I am putting all my effort in, as I do like the SEO based website linked to a affiliate program because that makes the most sense to me right now, how it works and such. But I guess although I don't mind the hard work that this field requires, I want to make the most out of it by not wasting my time in an area with the least reward. So what I'm asking is should I be concentrating my efforts in possibly PPC marketing or social media or something else as opposed to what I'm doing which is SEO. I hope it's not too difficult of a question but maybe some of you can enlighten me a little bit as I am fairly new to this business. Thanks in advance for any helpful advice.

Yeah I would definitely keep on working on the website but at the same time start with some paid advertising.

Your website and SEO should be thought of as you long term strategy while your PPC should give you results in the near future.

To your success,
JC

Go with social, especially Facebook ads - the are pretty cheap - for your chosen niche.

At the same time go on with your website and SEO, and redirect your social traffic to your website.

So it's possible that you can earn money by the ads, but at the same time also build up your website as your homepage and backbone which will become stronger by the time ;)

Thanks Marc for your advice, I really like this method. Although it seems like I can't really do much with social media advertising until my website is ready for traffic, which is probably going to take me upwards to a month to be launch ready. But I do like that method and will definitely put it into action when I'm ready.

Yeah I would definitely keep on working on the website but at the same time start with some paid advertising.

Your website and SEO should be thought of as you long term strategy while your PPC should give you results in the near future.

To your success,
JC

Hi JC, this is also good advice. Although I'm not too familiar with PPC yet you're right I should diversify and take advantage of what each different field has to offer. Thank you JC.

Great Buddy
keep in mind That's Easy To test landing pages with paid ads
but
it's not easy to advertise a web it has to be perfect cus with the landing page u can change angels Quickly the opposite of the website , So work on the Website Well before u do campaigns

Great Buddy
keep in mind That's Easy To test landing pages with paid ads
but
it's not easy to advertise a web it has to be perfect cus with the landing page u can change angels Quickly the opposite of the website , So work on the Website Well before u do campaigns

Hmm okay, So perfect the website first then tweak any campaigns towards the website later?

I would recommend the other way around. Paid traffic to a - relatively simple - website is a quite quick process, while building up a strong and good website is a steady process.
Improving your website you can - and have to - do almost continously.

I'm starting to get a little bit confused here to be honest. What your describing are two different processes? Such as having a a simple website and a quality built website seperately? Currently I'm just doing one thing, and that is building up a quality website, I have nothing else on the go right now. My initial plan was to rank the site and drive more so free traffic to the site as opposed to paid traffic. This way the traffic on my website is already looking to buy so to speak.

↑↑ No confusion about that :) I wanted to say, begin with a simple website, send traffic to it, and at the same time build up the same site to a quality site, not a separate one ;)

That's fine, too :) I gave you a recommendation, not a dogma :)

I understand that and I appreciate it. I'm just trying to get more familiar with the different techniques as I'm still learning.

@SV90 - like the others have said, your website and paid advertising together make a perfect, lasting marriage. When done well, of course. It can be the foundation of a stable business. Add in the social marketing that @Marc mentioned and you've got icing on the cake. Google likes social signals.

@SV90 - like the others have said, your website and paid advertising together make a perfect, lasting marriage. When done well, of course. It can be the foundation of a stable business. Add in the social marketing that @Marc mentioned and you've got icing on the cake. Google likes social signals.

Great, will be taking these tips into action once the website is up and running. :)

SV90 SEO is a long term process. It requires lots of patience and hard work. If you are confident and committed then stick to it. Follow all the white hat rules and you will be rewarded with organic traffic. Paid traffic however is an instant solution. You don't have to wait for months. But you have to optimise a campaign to make the most out of it. So my suggestion would be work on SEO as your are doing but at the same time try to push some paid traffic too. You couldn analyse the potential of your niche, filetr out possible high converting keyword and focus your seo work on those keywords. Choose one kind of traffic type and source at a time, master it and then move on to the next. Its a learning stage, so you should do it slowly.

SV90 SEO is a long term process. It requires lots of patience and hard work. If you are confident and committed then stick to it. Follow all the white hat rules and you will be rewarded with organic traffic. Paid traffic however is an instant solution. You don't have to wait for months. But you have to optimise a campaign to make the most out of it. So my suggestion would be work on SEO as your are doing but at the same time try to push some paid traffic too. You couldn analyse the potential of your niche, filetr out possible high converting keyword and focus your seo work on those keywords. Choose one kind of traffic type and source at a time, master it and then move on to the next. Its a learning stage, so you should do it slowly.

Yes I understand it is a long term process and I am okay with that part of it. The problem I was having was I just didn't understand how I would optimize a campaign to work to my benefit towards my website. But nonetheless as the days go by and I'm learning all the different strategies it is starting to make sense. Other members and yourself have suggested the same thing so obviously there's a good reason for it. Your advice is highly appreciated and hopefully I will be able to post some successful updates in the future.

MI
Back