The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

I have a good idea. Now what?

Lovingmama

I just bought a domain called legitimateonlinework.info from GoDaddy. I have it set up with Quick Content. I could just leave it or does anyone have any suggestions. I have accounts with Commission Junction and Clickbank. I want to do this right. I also have great trouble getting sites verified through Google. I want to give people only good information and not a bunch of links to those stupid survey and referral sites. I don't think they work. I know of a few, but people are always looking for legitimate online work just like me, so I thought I might start a site about it, and I am amazed that the domain name was still availabe. It was the first one I tried. After that, I tried many others but they were all taken. Whew! You can get a .info domain name through GoDaddy for $1.99 per year, and with tax it's $2.17. Not bad for a brokling like me.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I want to do it right.

I can implement it, but I want to do it right. I really need advice from you oldies out there. I think the affiliate marketing programs that charge you money up front without telling you what you are getting are scams. There should be a program that only takes their commission AFTER you make money. It they were legitimate, they wouldn't have to trick you into paying for their information in the first place. I have never fallen for it. So anyone out there have any ideas?

I think the affiliate marketing programs that charge you money up front without telling you what you are getting are scams. There should be a program that only takes their commission AFTER you make money. It they were legitimate, they wouldn't have to trick you into paying for their information in the first place. I have never fallen for it.

Yes, REAL affiliate programs never charge you to join, so if they want money for a kit or membership or whatever it's often MLM or something.

I'd re-think bottom up instead of worrying about affiliate programs just yet. Using quick content will likely only get tiny amounts of traffic for that type in term that's in the domain. You need TONS of traffic to make any money and the market you are targeting is very competitive with lots of noise and scams.

So in order to decide if you should go for it think about these questions. How are you going to generate content about that topic? Can you come up with enough interesting content to write an article a day? A week? What can you do to make your site stand out from the rest. Do you know SEO? How are you going to market? How are you going to generate tons of targeted traffic? I'd answer those questions for yourself 1st, to see if you think you can generate enough traffic.

Next search CJ to see if there are any legit programs that pay decent. Then there is always Clickbank too.

Then after doing all that research decide if this is a site worth putting all your time and effort into. These are questions I would always ask BEFORE even buying a domain. But again since you already have purchased, and if there is some decent type-in traffic you could just let it sit passively and try to earn a little using Quick Content if you think of a niche you would rather put your time and energy into.

Not sure I gave you the answers you were looking for, but hopefully stimulated some thoughts and maybe other have ideas to share?

I am currently a writer for Triond, and I always link my sites and other articles to each article I submit. I haven't for this site yet, because I want it to look good before I promote. Quick content is a GoDaddy product that generates SEO content automatically and already has ads that you make money from. It also has to option to customize pages, which allows you to place affiliate links and Google ads. I really need a good way to promote it besides using those awful time consuming traffic sites. Any ideas?

Since you're into writing, article submission would be easy for you. I can't see anything wrong in promoting a site that is under construction. You can develop your site while doing other stuffs like video submission, bookmarking, submitting contents to web 2.0 with high PR, forums etc. And as you've said that you want your site to look good then that's perfectly fine just set a targeted date and then start building traffic for your site or the targeted visitor so you could monitor and you can maximize time.:)

Now start to work:

1) build backlinks around it

2) promote it everywhere where you can

3) learn some stuff, do some trades maybe

later try to monetize when you get ranked good in SE

Don't go with a .info they aren't nearly as effective for seo. It is much more efficient to pay a little more for a .com - or you can even go with .net or .org - but I recommend .com

You say you have a good idea - make sure it is in fact a good idea. Did you do your keyword research? Do you have targeted keywords ready to go after? Keywords that don't have too much competition but also not too little competition?

Make sure you have everything down before beginning with your idea because if you don't you will waste money and a hole bunch of time.

banners
Back