The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

I can't make my first sale..

KillerRKO17

I've been at it for almost a month and a half and I still haven't made 1 sale yet. I'm starting to feel like giving up at this, there's no motivation anymore.

Sorry to hear that. How are you attempting to make a sale? How much traffic comes to your site? Have you tweaked your ad copy and or layout of the site? Is this a product or service that you yourself would by if you came across your site? Could you get a friend or family member to buy from you, and if not, why not? How are people coming to your site? Is it search engine traffic or signature lines in forums such as this one? You really need quality traffic...people who are searching for what you have...not people who are curious about what you have. There is a distinct difference.

Why not request people to review the site in the site review section of this forum and see if there are some things that you may be missing. And while it may be discouraging, if you focus on what the issue could be and do what you can do to correct it, you may find that helps in the end.

Keep up your spirits and the best of luck.

Hi,
If you give us some more info on what areas you are having problems with, people here might be able to help.
I believe your site was about building muscle?
Have you asked for a site review? What is your strategy? It is SEO or Adwords? Adwords is a way of getting traffic to your site very fast. SEO is always going to take time.

Another trick is to be a contributor to a body building forum where people who may be interested in your product talk about body building.
You can give advise to people, and put your site details in the signature. This will start getting traffic flowing to your site.

How much traffic are you getting to your site at the moment?
It took me months for me to make my first sale, but you have to keep at it! Changes are that sale is only around the corner!

If you need help on specific things, just ask, and people with experience in those areas can try to help you out!

Cheers

Hi KillerRKO17,

The 1st sale comes the hardest and is more painful than birthing a baby. :p

I don't know everything you've tried but it seems to me you tried the muscle building niche for just a very short time and then decided you wanted to try a new niche. So sounds like maybe you didn't give it enough time, or could have too competitive of a niche, or poor ad placement or poorly targeted traffic OR a variety of other things.

I had suggested and offered to help you turn the post about your muscle building site into a site review so people could help. And these guys are more than willing to offer some suggestions.

So I would read the rules for the site review forum. Post a review, link to this post and answer some of the questions these guys have asked, so we have enough info to try to help you.

Sit back and review what you have been doing for the last 1 month

What traffic generation methods are you using. Are you generating niche specific traffic or generic traffic?

What does your site look like and would you as a visitor click on your own ads?

Is there a call to action

Do your visitors know withing 10 seconds of arriving at your site what is in it for them?

Is your site so laden with graphics and bells and whistles that it takes forever to load

Just a few questions you need to ask yourself

Whatever you do, don't give up.

Patience, grasshopper. It took me several months to make my first sale. Once the momentum builds, however, it will be hard to stop.

In the words of Winston Churchill..."Never give up....NEVER!"

Hang in there

The first sale is the hardest. However, you need to have the right tools to make your first sale. You also need to know what keywords to use. Have you created a blog and posted relevant and valuable information or a squidoo lens?

Tell you what, create a squidoo lens. It does not have to be fancy. Insert your tags (the right keywords). Write articles and use your squidoo lens URL in the resource box. Squidoo and ezinearticles dot com are great combinations of high page rank that will get you into the top search engines quicker. Don't give up. Stay focused and you will make it. Choose the right clickbank products as well.

banners
Back