The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

HubPages -Easy Way for Newbies Get Started (Like Squidoo)

Linda Buquet

affiliate
I've looked at HubPages a couple times and thought it may be an Easy Way for newbies too Get Started. This alone will not make you rich but it's a FREE and easy way to get started without having to build a site or make any investment other than time.

Hubpages in some ways are similar to the Squidoo concept. Those that got into Squidoo early or are working it hard are mking some money. But it's gotten competitive. Hubpages is newer but growing in popularity, has a better rev share model and is worth checking out. TechCrunch reports some people are making around 1,000 a month.
"HubPages currently utilizes advertising from Google Adsense, Commission Junction, Amazon and the beta of eBay’s Contextual Advertising units, with plans to roll out direct sponsorships of hubs in the foreseeable future.

There’s a lot to like about this service. The revenue sharing model is generous compared to others; a straight 50/50 60/40 split compared to Squidoo’s 50% of profits only, and publishers are paid direct by the advertiser: advertisements are rotated 1:1 with each publisher’s code and HubPages’ code. The question of Intellectual Property Rights is straight forward: publishers own the content and can do with it as they please."
Read the rest at TechCrunch. <a href="http://www.techcrunch.com/2007/05/07/hubpages-debuts-new-look-ad-yield-technology/">HubPages Debuts New Look, Ad Yield Technology</a>

Happy hubbing!

I set up a hubpage, and what I find interesting is to cross promote with your squidoo page and your blog feed.

It's an explosive recipe. I did made some sales from my squidoo lens, however I am new to hubpage (only one page so far). I noticed that you climb high in the SERps. You need to update it often to keep your position though.

Oh cool to hear back from someone that's trying it. I suspect your could REALLY get high rankings if you want to write about a smaller target niche that isnt very competitive. You could possibly even dominate a niche with SQ or HP.

My daughter, a stay at home Mom, wants to blog about a disease she has that I just researched for her. It gets lots of searches but has little competition. I'm thinking of setting up a hub page for her. Thing with her is she'd be THRILLED to make an extra 100 a month.

This sounds cool! :cool:
I have my Squidoo lens, and I'll try using this one too!...
Thank Linda! and to you Franck! ;)

It's also advised to PROMOTE your hubpages (or Squidoo lens) as you would promote your own blog. This brings better results.

Both Squidoo and hub pages involve the same theme. These days a lot of lenses/pages has been flagged due to various reasons. So if you want to make your lense in the top pages, it is advisable to have a unique content.

Earlier there was a concept that we can build the lense with the content of article, but I would advise to reframe the article and get the content so as to avoid duplicate content.

Hub Pages

Thanks for the info. I never heard of Hubages before today. I do squidoo...so, I will def. look into HubPages and see what they are about. I took a quick peek and It looks a little plain compared to squidoo. Hey, but if their payed out is better.. who cares right!

The other thing I would look at is how well their pages rank compared to Squidoo. Squidoo got Google slapped but I haven't heard about a slap for hubpages yet.

Here's a rather negative, but realistic sounding update on Hub Pages
from Frugal Wench. (Is this OUR Frugal Wench? Can't tell, assume so, but no link back to her main site.)

<a href="http://frugalwench.wordpress.com/2008/03/10/hubpages-my-thoughts-and-observations/">HubPages - My thoughts and observations</a>

And here's a pretty positive viewpoint from a pretty savvy marketing blog.

<a href="http://www.netbusinessblog.com/hub-pages-an-alternative-to-squidoo/">Hub Pages: An Alternative to Squidoo?</a>

MI
Back