The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

htaccess redirects?

schleprock

Instead of using tinyurl or bit.ly is it better to get a cheap domain name and use it as my redirect.
I think they can be as inexpensive as 99 cents.

Also, if I am new and I buy the domain do I have to do anything to it other than hosting and a WP blog? Can I just redirect from there (if the offer I select has a good landing page already).

I have been looking at some MMO (paid survey) offers with pretty good LPs. Can I just redirect without anything there at all (provided the LP gets accepted by Bing)?

Hey for redirecting you do not need a hosting. You can buy your domain at godaddy for example and redirect it from your panel (manage domain - redirect). If you want to go with hosting, you can use your LP as a html and put it in the main root folder and set up a htaccess redirect (even with browser language geo redirect).

Yep, that simple :) But don't forget, @schleprock, in your root folder it must be a .htaccess [dothtaccess], otherwise your database software doesn't read it :(

You help me out with a lot of answers, I think about 4 of them today were answered by you. THanks It is good to have solid advisors to help me.

It is very easy for you to ensure that redirects work for you. All that is needed is for you to buy a domain and then be able to write a script that will redirect it to the page that you want. This is the best as=nd easier way for you to get the traffic that you need. You can do redirects even using the htaccess file.

MI
Back