The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

How to use the three domains to the best advantage

frugalwench

affiliate
When I got my domain, I bought the .com, .org, and .net. I'm only using the .com right now, but I'm thinking that I should split my site into three separate entities with the same theme. Of course, .com being the affiliate site, and the one concentrating on monetization. I think .org could be information only, with of course some adsense and a small monetization effort, but mostly just reference material. .net could be just for promotion of internet activities, such as personal blogs, article sites, forums, etc.

I just don't want those domains sitting around doing nothing, and they all have the same name, so they have to be related to the .com site.

Anyone else doing something similar?

Even James Martell once said, right here on this forum, that knowing everything he knows today if he had to start over what he would do differently is focus all his energy on one site - JUST ONE!

That's what he said and he wrote the book and for years he was known for teaching people to make big bank with a ton of small niche sites.

So honestly, while I understand where you are at and why - I really feel you'd be SO much further ahead putting all your energy into the .com. All your site building, link building and SEO efforts will be magnified focusing on 1 site instead of dividing your efforts between 3. I own all the versions of 5 Star just for brand protection, but I doubt I'll ever do anything with them.

Thanks for the link, Larwee. I think you misunderstood my intention, though. The .net and .org sites will be an integral part of the .com site, and will link and backlink from each other. I just want to differentiate between the monetization and non-monetization sites.

For an example, one gardening site I visit has a nursery rating service that is not monetized at all. It's just for information. Another has a .org site that just has information on individual plants, like a reference database. These sites are not monetized, but they are an integral part of the .com site.

Right now, the .com site is all I'm concentrating on. I was thinking into the future. Once the .com site is making enough money, I'll go into the other projects.

banners
Back