How to Use Proxies.

K

Administrator
Administrator
Internet Marketing Deals
High Converting Landing Pages | ConversionWise
howtouseproxies.jpg

How to Use Proxies.

This guide will tell you exactly what proxy servers are and how you can easily use them. i will also talk you through the best proxies to go for in my experience and offer you a great discount.

Proxy Servers

A Proxy Server is a server (computer system or application) that connects the the web. However it can be connected to from any location and therefore mask your current location. For example i could be browsing a website from my local IP and computer, and then activate my proxy server and it would show me browsing from any IP in the world. Most proxies are now paid, as the provider can offer you multiple locations and IP's to attach yourself to at anyone time. You can use one of proxy browsers but they are often a pain and slow. I highly suggest using a VPN which will cost you next to nothing per month.

Why you should use a Proxy Server

Proxy servers are essential tools for most affiliate marketers. Especially when you are using black hat or incentive methods. Most affiliate marketers will stick by the rules but sometimes run the risk of being banned by websites or having their IP address blocked. This is due to a lot of the bigger corporations disliking affiliate marketers.

So using a proxy is almost like a security blanket. If your IP or account gets banned from one major income source you can simply attach yourself to a new proxy and IP and create a new one. I would highly suggest using proxies for 9/10 affiliate marketing methods.

What is the best Proxy Server?

For me personally by far the best proxy servers are HideMyAss.com proxies. Not only do they have very fast and responsive proxies but the support is excellent and they are very reasonable. Not only that but we have managed to acquire you guys another CPAFix exclusive. Get your first months VPN half price, simply sign up here.

How to use HideMyAss.com VPN

First of all you will need to order the VPN by visiting this link.

Once you have ordered you will be sent an email with your HideMyAss login details. Once you have your details head on over to the VPN login. Enter you details and click > Continue. On the left hand menu visit > Download Software.

hidemyassstep1.jpg

Download the latest software depending on your operating system. Then run through the install file.

Next you will need to launch the HideMyAss software that you have just installed on your computer. Enter your login details on the dashboard and click > Connect to VPN.

When you are connected you can simply connect to any server and IP address by going to the side panel and clicking > Country Selection.

hidemyassstep2.jpg

Now you can connect to any server in the list you wish and browse anonymously from any location. Just make sure you launch the software before you run your campaigns or keep it on at all times. Another little tip is to use the IP Address settings to randomly change your IP address on your chosen cycle.

hidemyassstep3.jpg

This way you can set it up so you can forget about it. Don't forget to take advantage of our half price month.

Last edited:
I would highly suggest using proxies for 9/10 affiliate marketing methods.

Really 90 % ?

I suppose, websites are the 10% which can be run via the usual IP address.

But all the other methods via proxy?? - phew

Really 90 % ?

I suppose, websites are the 10% which can be run via the usual IP address.

But all the other methods via proxy?? - phew

You can never be to safe, but sorry that was misread, I mean 9/10 for none conventional marketing methods, anything that does something abit out of the safe zone....for things like platforms etc then of course you don't have to use them.

Nothing Personal but coming from someone who Works with a network Proxies get Publishers banned more than any other reason. Just my 2 cents.

Nothing Personal but coming from someone who Works with a network Proxies get Publishers banned more than any other reason. Just my 2 cents.
Sure If your logging into and viewing offer - then theres suspicion of fraud etc - but for uploading videos etc!

Proxies can be used in some beneficial ways yes, however when you see a clicks/conversions that come from a Proxies its an issue. I think I misunderstood what your point was.

If you are just suggesting you use a proxy to promote offers I do not see an issue with that. However 99% of the time if someone uses proxies they are tempted to fill out offers on their own and this is a mistake.

Proxies can be used in some beneficial ways yes, however when you see a clicks/conversions that come from a Proxies its an issue. I think I misunderstood what your point was.

If you are just suggesting you use a proxy to promote offers I do not see an issue with that. However 99% of the time if someone uses proxies they are tempted to fill out offers on their own and this is a mistake.
Proxy*

Sure If your logging into and viewing offer - then theres suspicion of fraud etc - but for uploading videos etc!

This discussion is getting interesting. I try to summarize:

1) using a proxy for anonymous browsing (like I do) → ok

2) for marketing methods that do not exactly agree with the terms of use of some platforms like youtube, fb, twitter etc. → a proxy IP is useful, especially when one has to create a new account

3) if a pub himself makes conversions (e.g. zip submits) using proxies → fraud, absolutely clear

4) using a proxy only for viewing offers → not ok?? already suspicion of fraud?? understandable, but in my opinion not correct.

5) but what is, if somebody somewhere in the net, who uses a proxy for anonymous browsing, completes an offer legally → that's an issue??
Can there not an additional control mechanism be added?

This discussion is getting interesting. I try to summarize:

1) using a proxy for anonymous browsing (like I do) → ok

2) for marketing methods that do not exactly agree with the terms of use of some platforms like youtube, fb, twitter etc. → a proxy IP is useful, especially when one has to create a new account

3) if a pub himself makes conversions (e.g. zip submits) using proxies → fraud, absolutely clear

4) using a proxy only for viewing offers → not ok?? already suspicion of fraud?? understandable, but in my opinion not correct.

5) but what is, if somebody somewhere in the net, who uses a proxy for anonymous browsing, completes an offer legally → that's an issue??
Can there not an additional control mechanism be added?

1-3 is correct.

4)Viewing offers with a proxy is okay thats not what I meant. I even need to use a proxy once in awhile to see the lander. I use it for offers that are geo targeted. When you see traffic (clicks) coming in from a publisher and a large amount are from proxies that's a huge red flag.

5)99.9% of normal people do not even know what a proxy is. If a proxy comes in once in awhile no big deal however if it happens often its an issue.

Yes you 100% got the wrong end of the stick ;)

Proxies to upload your videos, use multiple accounts etc and benefit your campaigns are a big yes!

Proxies to fill out your own offers are a big FRAUD!

Hi Guys,

I just joined the dojo and read this awesome thread.

Like Marc, I live in western Europe and I definitely need proxies in order to see offers.

Could it still be considered dishonest by some networks ?

I would not like my accounts to be closed because I am trying my best in order to pick offers :confused:
I appreciate your advice.

Hi Guys,

I just joined the dojo and read this awesome thread.

Like Marc, I live in western Europe and I definitely need proxies in order to see offers.

Could it still be considered dishonest by some networks ?

I would not like my accounts to be closed because I am trying my best in order to pick offers :confused:
I appreciate your advice.

No If you just use them to LOOK at offers it's fine, explain to your AM - but obviously if you fill one out then it could be considered as fraud.

What i want to do is to make cpa offers in other countries than my own. I am not submitting the forms myself. Many offers I look at say it's not available in my location. so am I excluded totally in running these offers or can I use a proxy fore this purpose or is that fraud? I am getting more confused by this every day.
I have no desire to run amuck of the laws. just want to make a living online.

Hope someone can make this clearer than muck.

^^ If you want to run offers in other countries, then you have to do nothing else than to set up your campaigns in the language of the countries in which you want to promote.

And for websites it will be also good to take the Top Level Domain (TLD) for the country concerned, and if possible, also to choose a host from this country.

All this just to ensure that the search engines of this country will place you.

For example, a site in Spanish will hardly rank in Google US, and so on.

But you don't need a Proxy or an IP address of the country concerned, as your Internet presentations are no more on your local PC, but on a server.

For me for uploading videos and similar stuffs this combination is working great: AOL desktop browser(for changing my IP)+ Epic Privacy Browser(for uploading)

I use HMA all the time and the support service is superb! When I need to view an offer lander it's perfect.
However, I live in the far east part of the year (don't like UK winter) and I have had a lot of problems signing up to networks using a proxy.
It seems to trigger the fraud flag immediately even though I am a legitimate affiliate, something the networks should look at I think IMO.

I have VPS SDD hosting with several IP's. Can this be used for logging in through and surfing with a proxy? Seems like I read that somewhere. If so, could someone point me in the direction of the information I would need to be able to set that up?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Here's to your success!

MI
Back