The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How to track sales generated via ebook?

FrankPetser

affiliate
Hi,

Right now I'm offering a free ebook to capture emails and generate leads and sales using the book. I was thinking if it's possible to track them somehow... not for me but my affiliates.

I remember seeing something like this in the past but I can't remember where...

A guy was giving away a free ebook and when an affiliate promoted that ebook and when someone bought a product that was advertised in the ebook the affiliate got a % from it too.

Is such a thing even possible? :rolleyes:

Any ad tracking software can do this for you, but if it's not your product you'll need to get the merchant to put a tracking code on there thank you page or order confirmation page.

I use a program called Adtrackz which works great and also has a form to contact merchants requesting them to place a code on there site for you to track leads and conversion. Most will be more then happy to do this for you because it will help them boost sales if you are using ad tracking.

Another thing you can do is put a ? after your URL and some kind of tracking number or word that you come up with to know that it came from an ebook source (ex: hxxp://www.mysite.com?ebook)

This will send people to the URL but ignore everything after the ? mark and it will register in your stats on your server as coming from the ebook. Doing this will not track conversions or sales. You would need an ad tracker with a code on the thank you page to do that.

banners
Back