The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

How to test a product and find an investor?

Raynaldo

affiliate
Hey guys,

Hope youre doing awesome!

I've developed a product - something like a superfood for specific pets. Now I do want to test the market acceptance.

So I've created a charge of 20 prototypes of the product, set up a website and store. How would you proceed at this point?

My plan is to create a little facebook/instagram campaign, aiming for like 500-1000 clicks on the product page. I'm also considering to buy like 10 recommendations and some feedback on the product.

The goal is to prove, that the product/niche is working, then find some investors.

Background:
I am running a successfull freelancer business for b2b marketing, sales and market research services in germany - so i do have some skills, experience and business contacts - in my last fulltime job i've been working marketing director. I'm booked like 3-4 working days a week for the rest of the year, spending the rest of my life time creating a new business.

I am able to pay some hundred euro here and there for a freelancer, some ads or whatever, but im able to create all basics by myself and im not willing to invest a big amount of money - business should be paid by investors or bootstrapped.

My endgoal is to create a scalable product-based business (digital or physical product), which doesn't require my personal workforce in the long run. If the mentioned product is not working, I'll have a lot of different business ideas in the pipeline.

Question:
What is wrong with my general and concrete plan and how could i do better?

Thank you for your reading-time. Looking forward to get some replies or interesting contacts.

Much love
Ray

WELCOME ABOARD ...
thumbsup.png

━━━●──────────────

1. Where will you ship from and where can you ship to?
  2. Are you compliant with any regulations pet food requires?
  3. Do you have any 'proof' documentation?
    • Lab studies
    • Lab Analysis
  4. IDK what the issues come with Facebook ads for pet food --look into that.
POC (Proof of Concept)
Testimonials

The rest is all marketing (feel good stuff) for the pet owner's ego mainly I suppose.

There is a lot of regulatory and ad moderation leeway in pet food. Sounds like a winner to me if you do it right ...

Yeah, Im producing and selling in germany only for the beginning. As I don't make profits by selling 20 pieces - I do see the test as private production and sale of animal food, which is allowed in germany without registration and regulatory stuff.

If the product will be accepted, I do need an investor which helps with capital and/or knowledge on regulatory stuff/product development/legal setup. Is this an illusion or possible? I have some experience, raising venture capital for established companies, but I have no clue on how to do it best in/before the startup phase... ;-)

I'm staying away from too many concerns as good as I can and just do it, by doing progress every day, solving only problems that are already existing, like for now: how to test such a product in the most efficient way...

MI
Back