The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

How to Stop Fake Traffic in Analytic

dzoapps

affiliate
I have been suffering from fake traffic for last 5 months, i add so many fake referral of admin filter in analytic but it did not stop in analytic and one more problem, everyday new spam site into my analytic from referral traffic.

Highly impossible to stop Fake traffic but one thing you can do is to block the shared IP address and end up blocking some legitimate traffic any how Google bot using rotating IP's.this is one way i know when you go for session in Google analytic you will visible the options..

This is the same type of creative spam methods as we have seen before with darodar.com, priceq.com, blackhatworth.com, econom.co, hulfingtonpost.com and ilovevitaly.com etc. The traffic usually originates from Russia. Spammers have found a way to utilize Google Analytics to advertise their pages with affiliate links, or other pages and sites which the spammers makes money from in one way or another. By sending fake traffic statistics to show up in GA they get users to google “simple-share-buttons.com” and get them to that site. A certain percentage think that this seems to be a good tool, gadget, or service and they signup, or use the service or tool, and then the spammers gets a dirty affiliate income.

You can only keep blocking the url from appearing on your GA by inserting into the filter which you are doing right now; don't do anything too drastic like blocking ip as you may block up potential customers.

Ypu can use traffic blocking software, blocking rerouting and hiring a developer or an operations guy to take care if it for you. The drawback is this costs money, however there's no 100% full proof way of blocking ALL bot traffic.

Its big problem when you got some unknown traffic source and bit difficult how to remove that, you can use refferal exclusion in analytic to exclude the traffic from unknown source.

MI
Back