The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

How to Start Amazon Book Marketing

jfree98

affiliate
So I recently signed up with Amazon?s affiliate program, and was interested in focusing on selling books. But here is my question, say for instance I want to focus on dog training books. When I set up my landing page should I focus just on 1-2 books about dog training, pre-sell the books on my landing page, and then link directly to a specific book on Amazon from their? Or should I just direct link to Amazon from my ad to any book they offer on dog training (if Google allows direct linking). Or should it be like a book mall that offers 100?s of books that link to Amazon? I hope I am making myself clear.

"Or should I just direct link to Amazon from my ad to any book they offer on dog training (if Google allows direct linking)"

So you are thinking of doing Adwords PPC? You sure that commissions on Amazon books, VS the click costs you'll have to pay will support PPC??? I sure wouldn't do it with a low cost, low commission program with a 1 day cookie, that's for sure!

I'll wait to hear your answer, because what I would reply to your other questions would be different based on whether you are doing PPC or other types of marketing.

I had planned on doing an Adwords Campaign. And the commission at Amazon is 4-6% however, I do not know what the CPC would be because I have not chosen a specific genre yet. And I guess you are implying that the CPC would be much higher than what Amazon is offering in commission rates. I catch your drift. But with that being said, what is the alternative to PPC if someone wants to start an Amazon Book Campaign?

I had planned on doing an Adwords Campaign. And the commission at Amazon is 4-6% however, I do not know what the CPC would be because I have not chosen a specific genre yet. And I guess you are implying that the CPC would be much higher than what Amazon is offering in commission rates.

Well not exactly. What I'm saying is you have to work the numbers all the way through.
Retail cost of product X commission X conversion rate.

You won't know conversion rate til you try it, so just assume 1 sale out of 100 clicks.
It could be 1 out of 50 or 1 out of 500.

Assume .25 per click X 100 clicks. That's $25 you could spend to get one sale.

Books are cheap, that's part of the issue.

Lets just assume a $20 book X the highest commission even.
$20 X 6% = $1.20 commish.

So in this example you spent $25 to make $1.20

You could spend $50 for 200 clicks before ever getting that 1.20 commission too!

Or depending on the topic, the clicks could be .50 but conversions could be better - even 1/50.
In which case you'd still spend $25 to get one sale.

So that's my concern, I don't think the numbers wash.

If you want to sell books I'd think you want to do free marketing. SEO, article marketing or social marketing, etc. It's MUCH slower to build up traffic than just paying per click, but you also won't lose your shirt.

If you want to do PPC, people typically do that with pay per lead programs where they get paid $35 for a free lead or a form fill or for an ebook that pays 50% commission with 30 day cookies. But 6% on a low cost item just does not work.

Not to say it CAN'T work. It's possible if you were EXTREMELY good at PPC and had a super high converting offer with super low cost per click.

PPC is just REALLY not a good place for a newbie to start especially if the numbers don't wash.

When starting out, it's always better to focus on 1-2 items and make yourself feel better by converting. I don't think you'll be able to direct link to Amazon if you're going to market with PPC. You should look into article marketing if you're going to push books. Article marketing have low to no-cost and that makes more sense than ppc for low commission items.

So if PPC, and internet Marketing is not a good start for newbie, what is recommended for a newbie?

There is no one specific path, the answer is different for everyone.

The most important 1st thing is to work on finding a good niche that has interest but is not too over saturated with competition.

Start here and work through the exercise in the blog in the 1st post.
http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...g/5558-how-pick-your-1st-niche.html#post15325

Then once you have a list of potential niches do keyword research using the example in this post.

Once you've found a niche, THEN it's time to decide the best way to proceed because the advice could be different with different types of niches.

After you find a niche you can post the general info here and ask what to do next. DON'T post the actual niche because if it's a good one 10 people that already know what they are doing could read it and compete with you. Just tell us "it's a specific health condition or a certain type of animal training". You know, the general broad market, but not the specifics. Also tell us a little about your skill set, budget if any, etc. and we?ll try to give you some pointers.

I need to know about good freelance sites,please provide me with top 25 sites.
I am into affiliation as well.:cool:

MI
Back