The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How to Split Test Trackers?

wes888

AffKit Ninja
Hey Guys,

How do you split test trackers? Do you say it is worthwhile to split test the performance of trackers like Voluum vs Bemob. I noticed that Bemob lags a lot when I view the dashboard. I wonder if they are also slow when redirecting traffic to campaigns.

Is it worth our time to split test trackers? If it is, how do I setup the split test. How to input 2 postbacks for the two trackers on the offer page? I only see one postback url. Is this possible? Thanks!

PHP:
$time_start = microtime(true);

$time_end = microtime(true);
echo '<b>Total Execution Time:</b> '. number_format((float) $execution_time, 4) .' ms';

use this on your pages and test with each tracker -- using some postback script you make.
accuracy is not the issue relational is -- same distance and server (resources)

Hi @wes888
First of all, there is a huge difference between the redirect function / resources / server and the client (app which you use to pull data from the server). The technology, processing power of the server and the application displaying the stats are probably very different between the trackers and therefore it’s hard to make comparisons.

The way you describe your ab test means that you will send simultaneously traffic from several trackers to the same offer/ campaign.
Since the tracker uses a clickid to attribute conversion, and the postback you can set needs to fire according to which tracker sent the click, you would need to add a generic postback, which should work with both trackers.

To do that, I would recommend using a platform like zapier or integromat, which have a “webhooks” function.

The webhook will be the postback and once it records a “conversion” it will fire the tracker postback, according to a rule.

I hope that helps.

Hi @wes888
First of all, there is a huge difference between the redirect function / resources / server and the client (app which you use to pull data from the server). The technology, processing power of the server and the application displaying the stats are probably very different between the trackers and therefore it’s hard to make comparisons.

The way you describe your ab test means that you will send simultaneously traffic from several trackers to the same offer/ campaign.
Since the tracker uses a clickid to attribute conversion, and the postback you can set needs to fire according to which tracker sent the click, you would need to add a generic postback, which should work with both trackers.

To do that, I would recommend using a platform like zapier or integromat, which have a “webhooks” function.

The webhook will be the postback and once it records a “conversion” it will fire the tracker postback, according to a rule.

I hope that helps.
would you be bale to expand on how to set up the webhook please. The information is very useful for another project I am testing and solves a critical problem. thanks

So let's say your offer is on a program that runs on hasoffers.

A webhook is like an api end point URL, where you can add querystring parameters.
This is the postback you would set in hasoffer program

webhook?clickid={aff_sub}&tracker={aff_sub2}

When sending traffic to your campaign, you would have to split the call to action clicks - not sure how you plan to do that.

So when sending traffic with tracker 1 you would append offerurl?aff_sub=clickid-tracker1&aff_sub2=tracker1name

upon conversion, the webhook will receive
webhook?clickid=clickid-tracker1&tracker=tracker1name&commission={payout}

upon receiving the call, zapier will receive the payload
clickid=clickid-tracker1
tracker=tracker1name
commission=10

you create a path in zapier with the rule
if tracker=tracker1name

Call the url
tracker1postbackurl?clickid=clickid-tracker1&revenue=10

And obviously, if the conversion comes from aff_sub2=tracker2name you would run the other path with the postback of tracker2.

I'm not sure if all this makes much sense if you've never used zapier/webhooks, so before diving into this and pulling your hair off, i'd recommend trying/learning about it first.

Side note: If you work with webhooks and third party apps
Trackigndesk has a native integration with Zapier, so it makes it really easy to pull conversion data from anything (aff programs, landing pages, crms, email marketing apps etc....) and pushing them into trackingdesk, as well as pulling conversion data from trackingdesk and pushing it to third party apps - reporting apps, crms, email marketing platforms etc...

Here is an example of how to setup a zap to send affiliate conversions to google analytics

pm me if you'd like to learn more.

banners
Back