The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How to Monetize Instagram the best

RogerFederer

affiliate
Hey community,

with which follower count (active, no fake ones) do you think it makes sense to monetize an IG account with affiliate products?

And do you think, that it is possible to get followers who are willing to buy with follow/unfollow?

Would you link to a landing page or would you create a blog if it is an interesting topic?

I think it is not that hard to build a decent following on IG, but the monetization is my problem. 0 Sales until today :D

Maybe I can do it with your help :)

Have a great day!

Starting out, your audience size is low and unlikely to be able to drive sales for your own or a brand’s products. You need to grow your reach, organically, to at least a few thousand to be able to have an impact.

You should measure the performance of your Instagram account using something like HashtagsForLikes. It will help you discover what works best so you can identify top-performing content and hashtags in the niches you serve, which will guide you in growing your followers and reach.

In generating sales, you need to be able to create and share compelling content. Followers have to take actions based on your product recommendations. Content is king and traffic is queen. This has been the case from the earliest of times in this trade. You need to write quality, and compelling, copy daily to compete.

Keep in mind, IG is primarily a concentration of brand builders seeking a concentration of followers. It is a Branding Platform for those in business.

Last edited:
Starting out, your audience size is low and unlikely to be able to drive sales for your own or a brand’s products. You need to grow your reach, organically, to at least a few thousand to be able to have an impact.

You should measure the performance of your Instagram account using something like HashtagsForLikes . It will help you discover what works best so you can identify top-performing content and hashtags in the niches you serve, which will guide you in growing your followers and reach.

In generating sales, you need to be able to create and share compelling content. Followers have to take actions based on your product recommendations. Content is king and traffic is queen. This has been the case from the earliest of times in this trade. You need to write quality, and compelling, copy daily to compete.

Keep in mind, IG is primarily a concentration of brand builders seeking a concentration of followers. It is a Branding Platform for those in business.

T J, thanks a lot. Did I get it correctly - Instagram is not the best platform for affiliate marketing?

If so, which other strategy or platform can you recommend for someone new in the biz, trying to get the first sales going?

Instagram is used by brands by hiring influencers to pitch their products. Now affiliate marketers do the same thing by using the same methods the influencers use. Build up loads of quality content, build up loads of quality followers, and be sure to have loads of links in the appropriate places to send clicks to a conversion page or a site with CTA's for the specific offers.

You can sell directly through your posts with a shoppable Instagram page. If you live in the U.S., it's easy to enable product tagging. ... You can also let your users sell your products or services for you by re-posting user-generated content. Just search your branded hashtag to find it.

Well over a million accounts are advertising on Instagram using the business profile feature. Instagram mobile ad revenues are expected to be well over $3B for 2020.

Anyone can advertise on the platform. You can target audiences with Facebook data since Facebook now owns Instagram. Audience engagement is limitless. Businesses can interact with users in the comments section of their photos. Ads look just like any other shared post on Instagram, which makes them feel less conspicuous.

So, yeah, you can use it, but the prospect of doing affiliate conversions still harkens back to the need for great copy and images, and loads of targeting.

I've never used it for anything other than branding and sending followers to my sites where they get added to my funnels.

It's just another form of gaining an audience and every method out there is different. What stays the same is capturing their attention, keeping them interested, and sending them to a conversion page.

MI
Back