The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

how to master copywriting?

There is sales bullshit and there is Neuromarketing
Neuromarketing - Wikipedia

I suppose Neuromarketing is refined Salesmanship

It helps to understand the intent and reader effects of what you are doing when writing copy for websites or ads (or in general publishing or communication).

Last edited:
Follow the advice from the best copywriters in the world: copy sales letters by hand. Do this every single day for 30 minutes and you will see how your skills improve. I know it sounds odd, but it works very well.

Read more and understand what words can do and how to use them -- complicated book I bought -- I am slowly muddling through it ...
51aHNZN-39L._SY90_.jpg

The Art of Connection: The Social Life of Sentences
Ian McCormick
Kindle Edition
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.

then communicate most consumer copy at a 8th - 9th grade reading level :(

Sad but true. The standard used to be grade 10. I thought that was sad too but that was the last grade I attended in high school, so I could at least see some sense in it. Back in the day, a lot of people only had grade 10.

I thought people were higher educated these days. Maybe they just want super-easy to give their brains a rest, I don't know. But if you want your copy to have mass appeal, you have to appeal to the masses. Whatever reading level they're at.

Be a master of the languages you are writing in --then communicate most consumer copy at a 8th - 9th grade reading level :(

If by "ref" you mean an affiliate link, I'm not sure if that's what you mean, but it's not one. In the future, I'll be sure to highlight that.:)

I see a lot of copywriting jobs now, and I think I'd try for one because I had very high grades in languages in school and I worked as a college essay writer for a long time, but I'm not sure it's as easy a job as I imagine. I have a good job now, but I feel like I'm burning out, so I see copywriting as a chance to discover something new for myself. Apparently, I found this topic for a reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see a lot of copywriting jobs now, and I think I'd try for one because I had very high grades in languages in school, but I'm not sure it's as easy a job as I imagine. I have a good job now, but I feel like I'm burning out, so I see copywriting as a chance to discover something new for myself. Apparently, I found this topic for a reason.
I agree with your logic, to slowly start looking for something new when you feel the way you do about your current job. I think copywriting could be one of your options, but I would suggest that you do your research. There are lots of useful tips in this thread, but also try to learn more about it. Let me add that in my opinion, the most important skills for a copywriter are the ability to capture the reader's attention from the start and hold it until the end of the piece. They must also be able to write in a clear and concise manner so that the message is communicated effectively. And finally, copywriters must be able to evoke an emotional response in order to persuade the reader to take action. I wish you lots of luck!

If anyone is reading this in 2023...

The best way to master copywriting is to read the top performing articles on the internet for whichever keyword you entered. In most cases you'll find these similarities

1. The copywriter is focused - Whether they're trying to sell a product, promote a service, or raise awareness for an issue, their writing is laser-focused on that objective.

2. Copywriter is clear and concise - They get to the point quickly and efficiently.

3. Copywriters write like they speak - Copy that reads like natural speech is more likely to resonate with readers and sound convincing. Formal language can be off-putting, so they keep their tone casual and conversational.

4. Copywriter is appealing to an emotion - The best way to persuade someone is to appeal to their emotions. If you can make them feel something – whether it’s happiness, sadness, anger, or fear – you’ll be much more successful in getting them to take action.

5. Usage of strong verbs: Verbs are critical in copywriting because they’re what give your writing energy and movement. Be sure to choose active, powerful verbs that will grab readers’ attention and keep them engaged.

6. They're unique: In a world where everyone is bombarded with marketing messages, it’s important to stand out from the crowd. Good copywriters aren't afraid to be creative and different – as long as their message is still clear.

Hey! I started with books like "Cashvertising" and "The Copywriter's Handbook." They're easy to digest and packed with practical tips. Online courses on platforms like Udemy are also super helpful!

banners
Back