The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How to manage my e-mail list - help needed

deepspace

affiliate
I have a List with about (4 million ) e-mails on it , and i need someone to tell me how to manage my list, should i split it in smaller lists, and what is the optimal e-mail number per list (how many e-mails should i put in one list).

Cannot answer, please give us more information. What do you want to do, your goals...

As far as I know mySQL has no records limit (if enough memory). A good server, PHP with cron job can send millions of emails.

The key is want you want to do?

what kind of information did you tell them you'd send them? Are they all coming from a squeeze page? Did you buy these leads? Tell us more, we'll provide more relevant answers. :)

As far as I know mySQL has no records limit (if enough memory). A good server, PHP with cron job can send millions of emails.

Unless you have a dedicated server, most hosts have limits on how many emails you can send an hour, typically in the range of 100-300. They also have limitations on number of connections to the MySQL server.

At that rate, processing 4 million emails would probably bog down the server to the point where your host would suspend further processing and your account.

Yes, minstrel, your are right. I am a programmer, some thing are obvious to me, but not to everyone.

And also, it will be not so cheap. Except the cost of the dedicated server, depending of the size of the emails (pictures, attachement, video ...) and the number of time you send it by month, you may need a lot a bandwidth, this may have a cost also.

Concerning "your host would suspend further processing and your account.", I don;t know about that, I never process a very large amount of emails. May be the best choice is to have the server at home, but, then, the cost for the line will be expensive.

banners
Back