The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

How to integrate various scripts to use one database?

arunpattnaik

affiliate
Hello guys,

I am here with a problem. It may sound a little confusing, it goes like this. I have bought a few php scripts to start a website. (e.g, a theme download script, a blog creator script, a forum creator script, a hotscripts clone, an image hosting script etc). They all use different databases.

I have installed them at different subdomains of my main domain. I want to know how can i integrate them so that they use a single user database. that is, a user has to register just once to the site, and he can access all the subdomains/scripts as a registered user. I dont even know that it is possible or not. But if it is, how do i go for it? I am not so good in coding, but have some knowledge.

Also, I will use either MyBB or vBulletin as a forum, so it needs to be integrated as well.

Please let me know if it is possible.

I carried this task out before & luckily sucseeded, It was to do with creating a table within the sql, I can't remember for sure. But I'm sure Bagi will no doubt be able to advise you on this.

I guess all of your script use Mysql Database. To use any database from script you need three entity
1. Database Name ( Separate database is created to create logical block)
2. Username
3. Password

All of your script will need this three entity..you can use same value for all script ..(just make sure that now two script create table with same name) . In short create your own database and user from Cpanel and modify all script to use same information.

I hope this will solve your issue.

Thanks,

Thanks a lot noisytech. but actually i am a noob in programming. I understood the "what " to do part, but am still in dark about the "how" to do part :) . would you mind to elaborate?

And yes, all my scripts use mysql databases.

Arun, as first step you need to hunt up the code snippets which execute the login and the registration process, plus make a quick survey on the difference in the user tables.

MI
Back