The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How to install a blog?

One more thing I will add, this is a bit of general computer advice... for those of us unlucky enough not to own the ability to make things work 100% according to plan first time...

try process of elimination.

Weigh up the information you already have and create a tick box in your mind (or on paper) If something doesn't work, as you eliminate each possibility the true answer to solve your problem comes that step nearer (sorry for stating the obvious but it really does work 100%)

Hello guys I have a question for the more experienced here which I think some people may ask..

OK so I have installed the blog and the designer has made it visible ready for me to put something on there.

It lies on a location here.. www mywebsite/blogs

So.. do I need to link to the blog from the home page or my links page? and should I place a link on my blog back to the home page or do you suggest it is best to leave it with no links back to the home page etc etc???

Thanks

If I were you I would embeded my blog into my site as much as it's possible with linking architecture.

For now Nick, I would suggest a link from your homepage to your blog and a link from your site map to the blogs.
Bagi's suggestion is the best solution just don't want you to touch some files that could run other stuff on your site so for now just a link from homepage and site map will be adequate

Hello folks,

I craftily added a live link back to my website from word press support forums a while back..

do you recommend that I keep a link to word press from my blog pages? or is this not important? thanks in advance.

I don't think Word Press will miss link you place to them but your site will be the better for a link from word press

Here's the good news, once you have your four settings sorted (DB name, DB User, DB password and DB host) you will find that the installation process takes a couple of minutes. I was amazed at how quickly it installs.

Do you have the ability to create your own databases on the server? If you do then you shouldn't have too much problem installing WordPress. Take the bull by the horns and don't be afraid!

Good Luck!

Mike

Try godaddy they have preinstalled apps just go to application manager and choose from joomla,wordpress,drupal & more. if not upload by ftp use a client such as filezilla

is godaddy free? if not, how much does it cost? I hear a lot about it but have never used it ... and don't know anybody that has

No godaddy is not free you need to buy a hosting account or a domain when you buy you will have access to the app page where you can install joomla,wordpress,drupal & many more free. It makes updating very easy too normally you have to reinstall joomla everytime a newer version comes out, go daddy does it with the click of a few buttons, hosting is quite cheap you can get an economy hosting package for about £25 per year i recommend godaddy as there help and support is great

banners
Back