The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How to get your site indexed in 2 days

James Spinosa

affiliate
I have been bombarded with emails lately from people asking me how to quickly get a new site in Google, so this post is for those of you with new sites or old sites that need some new love. Typically when I create a new website I see it indexed the day I post it, and I have seen sites get indexed within 1-2 hours of their creation. While getting indexed quickly is always fun, just remember that being in the index doesn’t necessarily mean you will rank for any valuable keywords, or even for the name of your own site for that matter.

The first thing you should do once your website is live is post the domain to Google and other search engines. I have always used AddMe for my search engine submission just because it was the first thing on Google when I created my first website and they have never let me down. I wouldn’t sign up for the newsletter though, it is basically just all advertisements.

The second thing you should do is create a sitemap and submit this to Google’s Webmaster Tools, this will ensure that all of your content gets included in the index, not just your homepage. There are plenty of free tools out there to create a sitemap, I typically just use whatever is at the top of a Google search.

The third step is to check your website’s onpage search engine optimization, especially check to see that every page links to another page in some way, try to have as many pages link to each other as possible to give a more thorough distribution of PageRank and spidering later on in the process.

The fourth step is pretty simple, create a robots.txt file for your website. Without a robots.txt file search engines are not allowed to index your website, and as a result you won’t ever get indexed. Just create a blank text file that says “User-agent: *” then next line “Disallow: ” named robots.txt and put it on the domain level directory on your server. Leave disallow blank unless you have pages you don’t want indexed.

The fifth step is the most fun, because this is where you will get your first backlinks to your website. This is the key to getting indexed in hours. The way that Google determines when to index your site is either by putting you in a line via webmaster tools, or by finding your site via their crawler. It can take months to get indexed without any backlinks, so it is essential that you build backlinks pointing to your site. The way I typically do this is by submitting my site to StumbleUpon, Digg, and Furl then I go onto all of the forums I post on, and change my signature to have a link to my new website. As a result, I rarely have to wait more than 5 hours to get indexed. To make this even more likely to be successful, post on popular do-follow blogs as well.

Sixth step is simply checking the results, a day or so after following these steps try typing site:www.yourdomain.com and see whether you have made it into Google. If you are, congratulations, start working on your content and building relevant links to start ranking for keywords. If you aren’t wait 3 days and if you still aren’t then start commenting on more blog posts, especially new ones.

With this site, I typically see my new posts indexed within half an hour, I have seen them indexed in as little as 7 minutes before (As a side note, this blog post got indexed 5 minutes after it was posted).

Wow, great guide James I will certainly use this. Can't really thank you enough, I have been pasively searching for something like this, lol.

Yes thanks James for the guide. Couple points...

Most SEOs I know recommend NOT submitting to Google and other engines in fact they stress not to. She likes it better when she finds sites herself. All you have to do is get a link or 2 from a bookmarking site or forum and click on it with the Google toolbar on and she'll follow it. I have not submitted a site for years and have gotten #1-3 rankings in the 1st week or 2 several times.

"The way I typically do this is by submitting my site to StumbleUpon, Digg, and Furl"

I wouldn't submit a new site to Digg unless it's so hot and diggable diggers would Digg it. That's not what Digg is designed for. You can submit to all the bookmarking sites, but I'd save Digg for when you have a breaking story or super good blog post so you don't get flagged.

I have to agree with Linda on this one. I never submit a sitemap or a site to google period.

Google has factors in their algorithm that is about 80% based on link popularity, so If you have to wait for them to review your site through the submission form or a sitemap submission, it is obvious to them that there is little there worth seeing (and indexing).

The basis for the algo being based on links is because they assume that a "Good" site will naturaly create popularity and that others will link to it. So, if you have to wait on them, it is contrary to the way Google weighs the quality of a site.

They also look at sitemaps in a similar manner, and that is if they need a sitemap to find content, that the structure is not up to par, and therefore less valuable.

I would never suggest either method if you want quick rankings.

hi,
I never faced problem in indexing at Google. In 2 or 3 days, My sites got approved. But in Yahoo, always it takes time to get indexed. Do you have any tips for that?

What i usally do is post my articles to social networks like digg and reddit and get indexed within 1 hour. But my website does have a good ranking already so not sure what really does it.

Does anyone know how to add a signature to this forum?

Re: How get your site indexed in 2 days

Yeah Social Bookmarking is the easiest and the only way to get indexed in Search Engines within a short span..Sites like Digg, Delicious, Jumptags will give you very instantaneous results..Thank you.

I have a few blogs that can get a site indexed in as little as an hour, so social bookmarking is not the only method. If you have a blog that you update everyday, then the spiders will flock to it as soon as it pings the services.

Place a link in a post about the site and in an hour it is indexed out.

Anyone here can do a wordpress blog and make post on it 3 days a week, and alway keep it moving, after about 10 post, you can write a post about a site and have it indexed through a free wordpress blog in an hour or 2.

one thing not mentioned is the use of rss feeds ... it's quick and easy to grab your rss feed and add it to some sites that you have, submit it to feed aggregator sites etc ... this helps in giving more eyes on your content ...

also, my 2c, sitemaps do have their place and i don't think they should be dismissed ... they make it a lot easier for search engines to find your pages, and more importantly, see when they were last updated ... even if you have good site structure, no javascript menus etc etc, a sitemap should still be in place, in my opinion

I never submit a sitemap or a site to google period.

Thanks for this great advice once again!

Here are my thoughts on this whole issue:
There is no need to submit a sitemap to google if you just want your home URL indexed. Instead a blog post or two, building a social site on squidoo, tumblr, or weebly, or submitting a few social bookmarks will help. I am not a huge fan of social bookmarks since IMO it leaves a large footprint. If done excessively it just doesn't look natural (submitting every page on your site to DIGG for example).

Why a Sitemap Might be helpful
IMO a sitemap can help to get internal pages indexed! Submitting an XML sitemap should help to ensure that google takes in each internal page into the index. I think this is helpful if you have a website with many subpages. I have an online retailer and have over 1000 product pages. As of now I have not used an XML sitemap. The problem I have is that not all my product pages are showing in the index. They all have unique content and a unique/SEO friendly URL and title. Nevertheless, only 30-40% of all my product pages show in the google index.

Each product page has at least 2 internal links (from category pages) pointing to it. Nevertheless, not all are indexed. WHY IS THIS??? I think an XML sitemap might help with this. This is just my opinion, but I would be very interested to hear what others think!

Thanks,

HP

Run 3 to 5 articles to the catagory pages and watch what happens. They will index out within a few weeks.

You just do not have enough link juice to make them index. So adding links to the catagory pages will force spiders into these pages and give them some PR which will force the indexing of the pages.

Another thing needed is to start running a few articles to some of the pages that are not indexed, just at random, this will force them to index also if they having trouble indexing as long as they are not mirrored pages.

one thing not mentioned is the use of rss feeds ... it's quick and easy to grab your rss feed and add it to some sites that you have, submit it to feed aggregator sites etc ... this helps in giving more eyes on your content ...

Rss feeds are the fastest way to get your site indexed. If you submit your rss feeds to feedage.com, feedage.com, and goldenfeed.com your site will get indexed in 24 hours and many times within a few hours.

If you using a html site that doesn't have a built in Rss feed you can create one at feedyes.com or dapper.com.

Thanks for sharing, James. Yes, I also believe that Digg and Stumbleupon has a huge way of getting your sites be indexed fast, what I did after seeing my site being indexed was to make content which are keyword rich on the first few lines, I also make few articles and submit it to top article submission sites, since then EZA has never let me down giving massive traffic coming to the new pages I have created.

Wow this has been so helpful. I have been waiting about a week for Google show me.

Since some of you are opposed to submitting to Google. Can I remove my request? Would it help my chances?? They haven't indexed me yet.

No if you've already submitted, don't do anything. Just leave it as is.
I don't think there is a way to remove the request and don't think it would be a good idea any way.

Just work on getting some good targeted inbound links so she can also find you on her own.

One downside you will see with submitting your site is you can almost guarantee that you will end up sandboxed at some point early on. If you let google find you the odds of this goes down a little bit.

My first website (now adsense site) got ranked 12 for its primary keyword early on, then disappeared for a week or so (sandboxed), few posts later it got removed and returned to the 12 slot with a PR2.

I tried this on my most recent site with a similar result. being a more competitive keyword I ranked as high as 2 early on. Got slapped into the box for a good 2 weeks this time around, even with constant articles and posts. Now it is out, also ended up a PR2 site, but sits solid at 38.

You gotta live with the result now, but it isn't totally horrible. Just be ready for your site to disappear for a little while after it gets indexed, and learn the lesson that google likes to find things on its own. Once google finds links to you, those spiders just keep coming.

I am doing everything I can think of (with a lot of helpful ideas from you guys) to get my links out there. It is kind of discouraging.

I guess I have to take it as a lesson learned.

It can be rough, trust me!

I created a set of 5 lenses all around one product last week. Took a couple of hours to do. I did everything possible (besides article submission) to get them indexed with no luck. Submitted the RSS feeds, pinged the crap out of them, changed things around and pinged again, etc.

As it happens I have a blog in the same niche, so I took steps to ensure that I got them indexed.

Simple Blog post, links to all the lenses... pinged, rss feed submitted, bookmarked. Three hours later... indexed.

Just proof in point that any efforts you use while beginning can easily be leveraged later on to save time and energy later.

In retrospect, articles were the answer to a fast index, but this last week I spent my time signing up for as many directories as I could. My hopes that these lenses would have been indexed with some of the other efforts, but it wasn't to be.

banners
Back