The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

How to Get Traffic From Forums To Your Website

Mark231

Using forum posts to generate traffic to your web site gives you several advantages that other methods don’t. One of these, of course, is that it only costs you time, not money, and very little of that. But there’s a right way and a wrong way to do it. Below are 8 things you need to keep in mind when using forums as a traffic driving strategy.
Pick the right forum
Choosing the right forum(s) to participate in makes a big difference. Hopefully you’re already an active member of a forum or two. If not, hopefully you’re at least aware of some of the popular forums that cater to your niche.
If there are multiple forums in your niche, you should focus on being active in just one forum at first. You don’t want to spread yourself too thin, and you want to be sure you become a prominent member of the community. That’s hard to do when you’re trying to post in half a dozen different forums. Once you’ve become established in one, then you can determine whether joining another would be best for you.

If you’re not already active in a forum and you have multiple forums to choose from, there are a couple points to consider. How large and active is the forum? You won’t get much traffic from a forum that has 30 members and the last post was six months ago. Do you like the look of the forum? I’ve chosen to participate in certain forums because I just like the way they’re designed. Does the forum allow signatures? Some forums don’t allow signatures, which will make it harder for you to get traffic (see the “Put a link in your signature” section below). And finally (and perhaps most importantly), do you like the community that has built up around the forum? You’re going to be spending a lot of time there, so make sure you like the kind of discussion that’s going on.

Choose your username
Your username is your brand out there on the forum for everyone to see, so it needs to be chosen carefully. Ask yourself what message you want your username to send. Using your name as a username gives your interactions with others a more personal feel than if you just used the name of your blog or business. It’s important that you username fits in with your niche and the forum. For example, if you’re posting to a realty forum and the forum community you’re posting to has a very professional feel to it, you’ll obviously want to steer clear of usernames like “xfallenangel1987x.”

Your signature
Your signature is the couple lines of text that appear below each one of your forum posts. Putting a link to your blog or to a particularly good post is the backbone of any solid forum-based traffic strategy. This is how you’ll get the majority of traffic out of the forum.
A standard signature will include the name of your blog and maybe your blog’s tagline or what your blog is about. Linking to an especially informative or interesting post can also be a good strategy if you want to drive traffic to certain parts of your blog. Remember that you can also link to a newsletter signup page to help grow your list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes Mark, You are right. We can get traffic on website from forums, but it is necessary to choose such forms where number of active visitors are higher.

Forum posting one of the best method to getting traffic on your website. Follow the forum guideline post your content relevant question, answer and give anchor link of best targeted keyword that must match at posting content. Ads posting another paid method to get traffic post your ads in magazine here: allaboutseniors.in

Unique lifestyle magazine for seniors caring seniors health, relationship, lifestyle and much more....

Use the Forum we generate more and more traffic and visitors. In Forum the main focus is signature adding then commenting on any question.

My question is what type of anchor text is to put in sinature link means
our website anchor text or keyword?and mostly people do they only create signature link in forums and dont post anything….is it Right way to have backlink?

Hi Mark, thx for such a useful post!
There are many options to get traffic from forums. Almost all forums provide some featured ad spots that can be used to attract more visitors to your own website. It requires money, but it can be rather effective to attract target audience. Especially, if there is no time for mass posting and reviewing tons of threads.

Thats nice advices .I think also you need to choose a niche where you like it and you are willing to help people .If you register for example to diabetes forums but you dont know to much and you got there only to promote your products it will be hard to get traffic

Hi Mark, I would like to thank you for the carefully explained information. I am currently looking for quality traffic and I am sure that the tips you have given me will be very useful in my search. Keep up the good work!

Last edited by a moderator:
MI
Back