The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How to get more traffic?

aready

affiliate
I've had my first website up since the 4th of March, and have had 139 people come by. Out of that I've had one really good day, and others were just okay. The day after that great day though was not great either.
Here are methods I'm using to drive traffic:
-posting on forums and leaving good posts, adding a link to my site in the signature
-digg; I have used this and gotten lots of "friends" those people read the article and most of them digg it
-link exchanges; I've contacted several site owners and had them come to my links page where there's is already posted, then ask for the same on their site
-stumble it; I've used sites like this and posted my article

On the day I had good traffic I spent hours doing this type of stuff. The other days I haven't spent as much time, but have done some each day.

My question is what other methods do you guys find to drive traffic? I know adwords and such, but since I'm just starting out, I have no stats on how beneficial each ad is, so I don't want to pay too much for the ads. I thought on that you are supposed to test the site itself first by getting traffic there. Then do advertising to bring people to your site.

Is there something big I'm missing here? I just don't want to waste my time gathering people in this way, if there is something else that I should be doing. I know it takes time.

I also can't imagine that if you make other sites that you would even have the time to spend posting, etc. that I've been doing to drive traffic. Maybe you do a little of this and just scale back depending on how much you spend on advertising.

Please help!
Thanks
Amy

Here is how I promote a couple of our sites purely for traffic concerns (as some have no SEO value):

Free methods:
Submission to SE's and directories
Article marketing
Email campaign (opt-in)
Classified ad posting
Forums, blogs and board postings
Social Bookmarking
Etc. etc.

Premium ways: (Should require a budget)
Pay-Per-Click (PPC)
Targeted Paid Link backs
Professional SEO services
Ad spaces
Offline campaigns
Etc. etc.

nice list

Hi, i'm familiar with all the methods used in that list except for
classified ads...

I mean I know about CraigsList, and US FreeAds, but what's the method?
Is there a list of classified ads sites you submit your promotions to?

Thanks,

Dan

Web 2

Here is how I promote a couple of our sites purely for traffic concerns (as some have no SEO value):

Free methods:
Submission to SE's and directories
Article marketing
Email campaign (opt-in)
Classified ad posting
Forums, blogs and board postings
Social Bookmarking
Etc. etc.

Premium ways: (Should require a budget)
Pay-Per-Click (PPC)
Targeted Paid Link backs
Professional SEO services
Ad spaces
Offline campaigns
Etc. etc.

To complement the above list there is a site with a free ebook -Social Media Daily Blueprint at http://www.michellemacphearson.com/ its all about using web02 for marketing and is well worth the read.

I've had my first website up since the 4th of March, and have had 139 people come by. Out of that I've had one really good day, and others were just okay. The day after that great day though was not great either.
Here are methods I'm using to drive traffic:
-posting on forums and leaving good posts, adding a link to my site in the signature
-digg; I have used this and gotten lots of "friends" those people read the article and most of them digg it
-link exchanges; I've contacted several site owners and had them come to my links page where there's is already posted, then ask for the same on their site
-stumble it; I've used sites like this and posted my article

On the day I had good traffic I spent hours doing this type of stuff. The other days I haven't spent as much time, but have done some each day.

My question is what other methods do you guys find to drive traffic? I know adwords and such, but since I'm just starting out, I have no stats on how beneficial each ad is, so I don't want to pay too much for the ads. I thought on that you are supposed to test the site itself first by getting traffic there. Then do advertising to bring people to your site.

Is there something big I'm missing here? I just don't want to waste my time gathering people in this way, if there is something else that I should be doing. I know it takes time.

I also can't imagine that if you make other sites that you would even have the time to spend posting, etc. that I've been doing to drive traffic. Maybe you do a little of this and just scale back depending on how much you spend on advertising.

Please help!
Thanks
Amy

I wouldn't waste your time with link exchanges. Blogs are great because you can get them indexed within a day on the first page of google if there a huge amount of competition for the keywords that you are using. After you make your blog, submit it to digg and spicypage. Then ping it. This is a method I use.

I would suggest creating a few articles and submitting them to as many directories as you can (or use software that posts them for you/distribution service such as iSnare). This is the best source of free traffic I have found yet as it is great for SEO, it sends VERY targeted traffic, and it gets your name out there. One of the biggest things to realize as an affiliate marketer is that you are your own brand, the more people that know about you and talk about you the more likely you are to get into better programs, etc.

banners
Back