The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

How to get massive amounts of traffic to your site!

there are several ways to get vast amounts of traffic to your site. SEO is a really great way to do this. It would be a good idea to create a web2.0 and start posting articles to help build an audience once you know your niche. Through the articles you can then post links back to your page and hopefully build a presence.
Further still by interacting on forums and blogs you can leave links or tell people about your site and what you offer. Downloading certain tools that can cache all the information on a toolbar is a really great way of keeping up to date with how your site's doing. There are dozens of these so just have a look around to find the best one.

By selecting several methods you'll stay at (which are already proven effective) and then committing to massive action until you start seeing results.

I have been doing affiliate marketing for a while now, almost 2 years. I have learned more from my failures than anything else. I finally developed a niche, and it is doing very well for me by my standards. I am not into offering generic advice, and sugar coat things. I have not spent a dime on advertising. I am not the most savvy or up to date affiliate marketer, and some of you more experienced people may take issue with my methods, but I am exposing all of my methods to help anyone. All of these methods work for me, but they may not for you. I started my latest venture in mid January and since then I have had over 9,500 unique visitors with over 73,000 page views, and my bounce rate is 2.69% I have an average pages viewed per visit of 7.88. I have an average visit duration of 4:51. I consider this successful because I had other sites in the past where I actually got about 35 hits in one year....one year on a former shopping site I had.

Once I settled on my niche site, I wanted to offer a variety of free and useful content, with a mix of Do it yourself ideas, and my affiliate links mixed in. This mix has worked well and I have been getting excellent responses from this mix. I post everyday if I can in at least one of my categories. I use Word Press as my site builder and love it. Since I have been posting in my niche, I have also developed my own product and have been selling it on my site as well.

For my free content I post free manuals that are very specific to my niche, and there are tons of people looking for these manuals. When I first started marketing, I crafted some ads for Craigslist that offered free manuals to those that wanted them. I had a pre-made email ready to send out to all responders and I got flooded with responses. I told them all I had were digital copies, which craigslist actually does not want you to give away, but I have not been flagged. I was getting almost 100 responses per ad. I was sending my form email out that sounded personal, and told them my digital files were free and located on my sight, if they were interested to please get back to me and I would send the link. 90% of them would get back to me and I would send my homepage, and tell them where to click. This was effective because my theme is like a pinterest page and loaded with info, and they would look at more than just the manuals.

For my affiliate links I would scour Amazon for a good product, or any of my affiliates for a good product, and I would post a product on my site, talk about it, review it, discuss it's importance and specs, and then would give my affiliate links and also a link to Amazon.

Now, none of the techniques listed above are very special, but my plugins that I use are very effective and really I think the backbone of my blog. They do all of the work for me, and They are a huge key to the puzzle. Here are the plugin I use, and what they do.

Jetpack... Jetpack plug in gives me stats, and most importantly gives me a widget I put in the right sidebar to allow my users to subscribe to my blog. All updates go directly to them.

All In One SEO Pack... This takes care of all of my SEO

Dynamic Widgets... Allows me to place specific widgets on specific pages or categories. Allows me to place affiliates banners where they are most effective.

Market Press Lite.... I use this for selling my product...works well for me

NextScripts... This is a social network autoposter.....VERY EFFECTIVE. When I post to my blog, this plugin auto posts to all of the social networks I belong to. I looked at all of them they offer, and I joined all of them.

Seven Days.... This lets you manage your widgets to show on your blog when you want them to. You can choose which days you want certain widgets to show up on your blog.

Sharaholic... This offers some sexy social networking buttons....

Tweetily... This plug in rocks, as you can set it to tweet automatically for you whenever you want it to. It will retweet older posts randomly too. I have it set to tweet older posts randomly every 2 hours. VERY EFFECTIVE

Wordpress SEO... another SEO solution

These are a few of my plugins, but the main ones that are helping me gain traffic.

Just to let you know, on my older sites, I was never able to rank on keywords, or generate search engine traffic. I am now seeing my search terms daily that generate traffic to me. I have never paid for traffic, I do not know about PPC, or adwords. I am not an SEO whiz as I am using those plug ins, and I am doing well. I am generating money through affiliate link sales, and adsense.

The things that keep my users coming back is good content. This is one of the most important things, because if you can not engage your audience you are doomed. I hope this helps some of you...sorry for rambling.

I forgot to add this... but do not underestimate the power of social media. Set up your accounts, let your plugins auto post to your facebook page, twitter, stumbledupon, tumbler and more.... do not forget about Redditt.

Another VERY EFFECTIVE tool is Redditt! Be careful how you post to Reditt, as you can get nailed for blogspam, but it will drive hundreds of visitors to your site in a day.

This hits the nail on the head.

I have been screaming simplicity from day one of opening up a network. publishers want simplicity, advertiser want it too. Affiliates need to have a daily action plan as you suggest. I totally agree, but an action plan for everything would be taking it a step further. I am not saying every facet of our lives should be moderated but we need to have a daily plan...or at least I do, or i will wander aimlessly around and have no focus.

MI
Back