The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

How to express submit a website in dmoz?

rabicamail

affiliate
I been trying for a long time to get a dmoz listing for a very high quality Travel site of mine. It´s totally clean, and contains 500 pages of original content. Is there any way you could express submit a website in dmoz?

I know DMOZ takes a while to list once you have submitted so its not always an instant method. As its an open directory project, they are making no money off it and therefore no express submit options as far as I'm aware.

As far as I know, there is no express inclusion into DMOZ. I'm still waiting that DMOZ includes few of the websites I've done before a year or longer to get included, however in past some websites got included in matter of 3-4 months. It depends alot how many people are working on the categories or sub-categories, often noone works on them so it takes very long till someone actually gets to your submission.

Yes i agree with you . I know view people whose site are included in Dmoz with in 3 to 4 month but i don't know what to do with my site .Even i read some seo blogs where they say that DMOZ can give huge traffic to my site .

Hi,
I also try many times to submit site information in dmoz but It's not accepted, I think you should not waste your time for submit site in dmoz and I suggest you to submit in other link in many other do follow sites that have high PR.

Would I be correct in thinking that they have a very strict criteria for their listing? - If so, does anyone know what the criteria is?

One thing what i know is you should submit in particular category and accordingly the region also matters a lot but after doing all this they did not included my link .

You need to bribe an editor. Hardly any editors in Dmoz are actual individuals now, most categories are run by SEO businesses.

Simple email the editor of a category asking if there is any way to speed up your submission. When they respond saying "no", but do so from their personal email address, try sending some cash to that email address via Paypal. ($250 normally does it). Strangely enough you'll see your listing finally appear.

It appears to be one of the poorest run sites of it's kind on the internet. Waiting for months to respond to something is crazy.

Dmoz will not bring lots of traffic to your site, and it ain't really important to be listed in dmoz either. Its a "submit and move on" case, as with all directories. In the end its just another backlink, don't let anyone fool you into thinking its anything more.

I don't even think anyone actually uses Dmoz to locate information, if any, they got to be few. Because i don't remember seeing a single referer from the site.

Like other directories, its a "submit and move on" case.

You may be annoyed that some sites are allowed in multiple categories, when your site gets a silly excuse of a listing in some smaller un-related category. Well, don't worry about it, they likely don't get anymore visitors because of that.

Yeah I agree with BlueBoden, I have also submitted a few sites there but still no luck of being listed, they seem to be very strict on what kind of sites / content they approve.

I was told by a fellow webmaster that if you submit the same site twice they count it as spam and the site will not be listed, not sure if that is right tho. Just do what BlueBoden says, submit your site "wish for the best" and move on to other high traffic directories.

The problem is that you never get a message saying that they have not accepted you.
Do not resubmit too often. Once should do it and if not accepted wait a few months 3 or 4 and try again.
I still haven't been listed after 5 months

banners
Back