How to Content Lock your download File.

K

Administrator
Administrator
Internet Marketing Deals
High Converting Landing Pages | ConversionWise
howtocontentlockyourdownloadfile.jpg

How to Content Lock your download File.

This guide will talk you through how you can content lock a download file. You will need to first add a password to the folder that contains the download and then use either a network tool or website to content lock the file.

Archive and Password protect your Download

By now i am assuming you have a download file or files to offer people. If you are having trouble getting downloads or thinking of something to use then this guide may help you. Once you have the file you wish to promote we need to archive it and password protect it. Download your file and locate it on your desktop locally.

So to the download file lets > Right Click > Add to Archive then proceed to > Advanced tab. Here we want to click on > Set Password.

Create a password for your download file and copy it into a notepad or something where you will remember it.

Click > OK

Add the Password to a .txt Document

Open a text editor like textedit or notepad and paste the password into the file. Thats it, then click > Save and save the document as "Passoword.txt"

Create a Product/Password Locker

Most incentive networks will now provide you with a tool to content lock a file or product. Simply ask your affiliate manager or browse the tools in your network. Proceed to add the Password.txt file in your file locker tool and grab your generated URL, copy it and add it into a notepad.

Alternatively if you don't wish to use the network tools you can easily upload the Password.txt onto a website or Wordpress site and content lock the file yourself. View our guide on how to content lock your Wordpress site here.

Either way you should now have your password file content locked and have a link to it's destination.

Open a new .txt Document

Open up a new .txt file in notepad and copy and paste the following adding your relevant information and links,

Code:
[B]File[/B]: FILENAMEHERE
[B]Password[/B]: PASSWORDURLHERE
[B]Instructions[/B]: Download FILENAMEHERE free, generate your free password here: PASSWORDURLHERE

Click > Save As and name "Read First - Important Download Instructions"

Add files to Archive

Add the above file to your download archive and .ZIP the lot. You now have a password protected download where by a user can grab the password after filling out an incentive offer.

The above guide is for Windows users, Mac users will need to use something called images. You can watch a nice tutorial here.

Last edited:
It's really working! I've tried and without videos in Youtube still earning a little penny from it especially if you uploaded the file at mediafire

This make me interested to start it off. I plan to lock the ebook and upload to torrent sites. But for the incent network, their offers are available for international? This is because anyone from any country might download the file. If it is international, then that would explain all the theory behind working with incentive offers.

Hope for advise. Thank you.

This make me interested to start it off. I plan to lock the ebook and upload to torrent sites. But for the incent network, their offers are available for international? This is because anyone from any country might download the file. If it is international, then that would explain all the theory behind working with incentive offers.

Hope for advise. Thank you.

Usually the biggest content locking networks trying to provide you offers for every possible country,
If you lose your traffic/money, they do as well.

banners
Back