The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How to choose content for your site?

maxie104

affiliate
:confused: I have a stupid question. How do you get content for your site? I don't mean items to sell or programs to join, I mean the written content that you publish. I have some great products but need to add content to make my site stickier. I have written some myself, but I go to some websites and they have great stuff and it makes my head spin. How do I do that? Can I use someone elses info? Seems that would be wrong. Do I need to ask permission? How do you manage to keep it updated?????:confused: :confused: :confused: See what I mean? HELP!
Deb.

Hi Deb,

You should not take content from another website with the author's permission.

It's great that you've started writing your own content, if you're working in a niche market that you are passionate about, then it should be at least somewhat enjoyable to write about the products. ;) Don't forget to include the right keywords for SEO optimization.

I'd recommend asking your affiliate managers to see if they can provide you with any content for your site. Some of the programs that we work with offer our affiliates pre-written content, reviews and mailers that you are allowed to use on your site.

Thank you Julia. I never thought of asking my affiliate managers. Sometimes you just need another voice to help that lightbulb go on. :eek: I will do this. Deb.

I also struggle with content. I have been using articles from article sites that you are allowed to post on your site. The catch is you have to leave in the links. With both this and pre-written content it would seem like duplicate content would be an issue.

Hi SJS and thank you. I will try that. I am the type of person who needs to hear another person's ideas, then I can say "oh yeah, why didn't I think of that!" I went to your site. Nice layout. I love the ticker. I don't know if you do affiliate marketing, but linkshare has NFL with 10% on every sale and a 30 day return cookie. Have a nice day. Deb.:D

I recently got with linkshare. I just have been going through the merchants. Thanks for the tip on the NFL program.

It seemed like it suited your site and I didn't see any ads.:) Linkshare is real good. They were my first. Have a good day...Deb.:)

Hi Maxie. Here's a couple of thoughts for you. For content you might try if you can't write your own articles is to go out on the net and get some PLR articles that fit your site. Once you get a couple you should re-write them so that they will be unique. You can check your articles with a free program called "DupeFree Pro.

Get it here DUPEFREEPRO I use it and it works pretty good.

You also might want to put an RSS feed on your site to get some fresh up-dated content. There is a script out there called Carp that is real easy to install. A better thing to do than the RSS feed is to put some rotating topics, or "Tips" on your site that change every time it reloads.

Java script won't do for that because for all intents it is invisible to the SE's. The rotating script will have to be in .PHP format to be seen by the SE's.

I can PM you a site to check that I put the rotating script on. (It's only been up for 2 days so it's not listed yet.) PM me if you want to take a look.

The main thing you have to try and do is get a top posting on the SE's. Currently the only way to do that is to have a fairly good site that has LSI (Logic Semantic Indexed) content and content that is kept relatively fresh and updated. Google is getting funny about sites.

The LSI means that your keywords should be related to the overall theme of your site. Don't pepper it with keywords that don't go with your sites over-all theme.

Hope this helps a bit

RT....:)

Thank you so much RT. :) That is the kind of info. I was looking for. I will PM you as soon as I can figure out how...LOL:p I am a newbie to 5star. Deb.

banners
Back