The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How to choose a web host?

philmcneal

affiliate
There are so many "fake reviews" out there that is preventing me from starting my own blog, in your experience which host has the best service and why? Does the tools or add ons per host really makes a difference from an audience point of view? There are so many add ons when you sign up I am confused if these tools matter to bloggers at all?

Tools such as "virus scan, malware scan"
or identity protection by masking your address
or some SEO tool
or some mobile version of your site
backup protection? (im sure no one skips this option!)

any advice for us newbies wanting to build a blog like yours? I just want to write, I know with my passion the money comes after, or is that not a good attitude?

Did you consider any other domain names besides using your real name? Thanks for reading and answering man love your ngo series!

Sounds like you want to be a blogger.

I personally use Dreamhost so you can be fine using them. I wouldn't worry about too many add ons. Just get the cheapest VPS package hosting, and upgrade the server as you get more traffic. Just start the blog and focus on writing content.

The choices for my blog were charlesngo.com drngo.me or something more brandable not involving my name. I went with my name simply because I wanted more control over what people see when they google Charles Ngo. Reputation management's important these days.

thanks for the reply man! I love your writing style, as I would mimic the same way after all, "Copy then improve upon it right ;)?" although I assume you blogged after getting involved with affiliate marketing not before right?

But yeah your blog rocks! Love the content, despite the simple layout! One day hopefully I'll be on the same level as you man!

Each to his own. I wouldn't touch any of the commonly "recommended" (read: large affiliate commission) hosts. I chose StableHost and was looking closely at MDD and some others too. Lots of features, including cloudflare (fast and easy). Check out webhostingtalk.com; that's where I finally found straight answers and unbiased recommendations.

I'm not reccomend anything, but want to say Godaddy is good, they have best price and always responding for any tickets

Last edited:
banners
Back