The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How to block bot on ads?

fafang

affiliate
I am starting to learn push notifications. Got 305 clicks and 1 conversion. I think most of them are real clicks. But just in case some of them aren't, I would like to know whether there are any free or low cost tools to block bot from clicking on ads?

For website, is it simply by installing a widget? Thanks.

You should be able to block the bots in your traffic source. What is your tracker telling you about the clicks?

1. JavaScripted links block some less sophisticated bots
  2. Datacenter IP's are not real people
  3. Real people (most) use HTTP2.0 now -however some AV filters? use HTTP1.1?
Good Ad Networks will automatically block 'known' bots/click fraud but you will pay a premium price
My own experience is 10% to 40% bots/click fraud with ad networks.
It's more important to me to compute the net cost of the good traffic --then the CR and ROI (ROMI) will be realistic ;)

1. JavaScripted links block some less sophisticated bots
  2. Datacenter IP's are not real people
  3. Real people (most) use HTTP2.0 now -however some AV filters? use HTTP1.1?
Good Ad Networks will automatically block 'known' bots/click fraud but you will pay a premium price
My own experience is 10% to 40% bots/click fraud with ad networks.
It's more important to me to compute the net cost of the good traffic --then the CR and ROI (ROMI) will be realistic ;)
Does it mean I only need to focus on generating good traffic and no need to care about bot?

I am starting to learn push notifications. Got 305 clicks and 1 conversion. I think most of them are real clicks. But just in case some of them aren't, I would like to know whether there are any free or low cost tools to block bot from clicking on ads?

For website, is it simply by installing a widget? Thanks.

If you're running Google then you don't have to worry much about invalid clicks on your advertising campaign.

Google itself tries to identify illegitimate clicks like:
  • manual clicks intended to increase your advertising costs or to increase profits for website owners hosting your ads
  • clicks by automated clicking tools, robots, or other deceptive software
  • extraneous clicks that provide no value to the advertiser, such as the second click of a double-clickAnad
And so on.

But still, if you want to go by some widget for your site you can definitely head-on with the option.

Does it mean I only need to focus on generating good traffic and no need to care about bot?
How would you know?
Like said above -- Google Ads? Reputation and pay the higher cost?
I just made a query with my private VPN that is using one of my data server's IP addresses.
I see the Google Ads and clicked on and got the advertised website. I don't whether the advertiser was billed for the click. I would test your ad: DM me with details ...

banners
Back