The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

how to appraise?

L

Lanre

Hello,
I believe you are on the right path. The amount of hits your site gets is great importance when it comes to appraising a site. How can a site make money if it has no visitors?
Lanre

how do you come up with values for websites?

<Reposted by admin on behalf of a Guest>

how do you come up with values for websites?
ive heard that its generally whatever the website earns in a year times it by 10 and thats the value, is this true or not?

my site sinergy-media.com was started mostly for me to practise my design skills and upload work id made onto the internet, it wasnt there to earn money or anything, but ive had more visitors than i actually expected (roughly 40 uniques daily).
So would anyone tell me how you appraise sites please, cheers

i started this post by the way

so what information do you need to be able to appraise a website?

would anyone like to appraise mine? im guessing its not worth much but would be nice to have an idea

Tony,
Domain name appraisal is not a fixed science, its depends on a lot of factors, here are some of the factors that could affect the value of your domain name:
* Is it hyphenated ? Domain names with hyphen are less valuable than one without
* Does it make sense?
* Is it a generic word?

There are may other factors, I will find time to compile a more comprehensive list of how domain name is valued and post it as a sticky

Temi

Temi,

You are right on in your analysis.

There's a big difference in buying a domain and buying a business.

Paul

Thanks Paul,
I am trying to compile all this factors and turn it to a sticky for other users, please send me a list of other factors you think we should add to the list
Temi

banners
Back