The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How recommended is it that I put a physical email address in my marketing emails?

We only have P.O. Boxes in the small town where I live. Initial cost = $17 for the keys, no cost for yearly renewal.

Can you get a physical post office box where you live and use that as your address for your AR?

We only have P.O. Boxes in the small town where I live. Initial cost = $17 for the keys, no cost for yearly renewal.

Can you get a physical post office box where you live and use that as your address for your AR?

Are AR companies enforcing this? I thought only the "sent from" email address needed to be verified. One could use any physical address for that matter. Can't really expect an online business to have a physical address.
But like you pointed out one could rent a PO Box if need be.

Can't really expect an online business to have a physical address.

Yeah, ya can, actually. A business has to have some kind of address, even if it's your home. At least, if it's registered.

Here, at AffiliateFix, we will not certify any vendor without a provable phone number and physical address where mail is sent to and to meet with a customer or affiliate if desired or necessary.

ARs now require you to have an address, at least the big guys, I dunno about the lesser known ones but I think the same would apply. I'm not sure they would allow you to send without that field filled out.

every virtual mailbox I've found is very expensive to me

What's your budget?

OPTION 1

UPS serve physical local mailboxes for $20/month
That's 65c/day
www.theupsstore.com/mailboxes
You get a street address and mailbox key
A text message alerts you when new mail arrives
Couldn't be simpler (well, the UPS website could be simpler !! ;))

OPTION 2

If you need an office address there's affordable solutions too, dependent upon your budget
For $5/day ($129/month) get a virtual office
Your new address could be Floor 41, Williams Tower, Chicago (or your local city)
www.servcorp.com/en/virtual-offices/prices-locations/houston/williams-tower/
You can access the building 1 hour per day (and any ServCorp building worldwide)

I'm not endorsing either, just options, always do your research
But I'd say that 65c or $5/day is affordable to most affiliate marketers

Last edited:
Well, my budget would be $80 before paying for solo ads.

If I spend $50 on solo ads, I would have $30 leftover.

I am actually trying to promote a ClickBank product so using the money leftover, I would have to pay the monthly fee three times due to ClickBank's refund policy.

And, I don't know what else I'll have to pay for when it comes to a virtual mailbox. Don't I pay for every letter I receive or something? If I do nothing to the virtual mailbox, isn't it likely I will still have to pay more than the monthly fee? My only purpose for the address is to follow the law.

Well, my budget would be $80 before paying for solo ads.

If I spend $50 on solo ads, I would have $30 leftover.

I am actually trying to promote a ClickBank product so using the money leftover, I would have to pay the monthly fee three times due to ClickBank's refund policy.

And, I don't know what else I'll have to pay for when it comes to a virtual mailbox. Don't I pay for every letter I receive or something? If I do nothing to the virtual mailbox, isn't it likely I will still have to pay more than the monthly fee? My only purpose for the address is to follow the law.

If you are tight on budget, why not skip capturing email addresses for now until you have enough funds?
Maybe start with a basic funnel such as traffic --> landing page --> offer? or even traffic --> offer (where allowed)?
Just some suggestions.

Follow what law? The sender of email needs to list a physical address --a PO Box is not a physical address BTW. A street address is.

If I send emails on my newsletter or to my list; I am the sender and not you. The exception would be is if I am an ESP/ISP selling you my mailserver as a service for a fee.
If clickbank wants your address it is not for public publication --Is it for a W9 for tax purposes?

MI
Back