The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How One Simple Sentence Can Lower Your Bounce Rate By 40%

jcorkern

<b>Senior Member - SEO Pro<br />Global Moderator</
Administrator
You have already learned how to write headlines that get them on the site, you have quality content (or so you think), but your visitors are bouncing faster than Tigger on Winnie the Pooh. We have a solution that can decrease your bounce rate, but we will cover that once we clear up two things that you should fix first.

First is quality content. You may think that your content is quality, but what exactly is 'quality'? Quality is when you have content on each page that is not just factual in nature, but also engaging. This means that they get active within your site, visit more than one page and take the time to actually read your content.

It has to be entertaining, factual and have supporting evidence that supports the position you are taking in your article or post, but that is not really what keeps them on the page or site. It also does not make them read the content.

Related and attention grabbing titles in the most popular post section will get you a few extra page views if setup correctly. It can also help decrease your bounce rate, but it's not the ultimate solution.

So, what is this magical secret that can lower your bounce rate by 40% if done correctly? I've already used it 3 separate times in this post already and I am pretty sure that few, if any, caught on to what I was doing to keep you reading this post.

Now, before you let your mind start swirling like a whirlpool, let’s expose the secret once and for all (Hint: I just did it again!). It's called a hook, and its sole purpose is to keep you engaged in reading and looking for your answer that was promised in the title and intro.

Need me to show you? Ok, I'm game for that, but let me explain how it works first and then you may be able to see it yourself.

It keeps you expecting your answer, but delays you with other relevant information that you may need to know to make it effective when you use it and aid in learning. I'm now going to put each one that I have used in quotes so that you can see and now understand how they work with several different examples.

“.. but we will cover that once we clear up two things that you should fix first.”

“.. but that is not really what keeps them on the page or site and does not make them read the content.”

“.. but that is not the cure all for a high bounce rate either, but it does help.”

“I've already used it 3 separate times in this post already and I am pretty sure that few, if any, caught on to what I was doing to keep you reading this post.”

“Need me to show you? Ok, I'm game for that, but let me explain how it works first and then you may be able to see it yourself.”

It must be effective, because you're still reading. The trick is to give the information needed in small steps, but giving the feeling of anticipation for that one magical solution and holding them with hooks so that they stay engaged reading your content.

The more entertaining, the more hooks, the more facts that you use in your copy, the more satisfied your reader will feel and will continue to read until they get the answer they seek.

banners
Back