The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

How Often Should I Post On Blog?

Jim Moriarty95

affiliate
What is the best way to update my blogs I mean how many time should I post a new topic on my blog per week. Which is best for SEO or engagement? What are you usually do?

How often you post is entirely dependent on the niche. If you are covering current events for example, you'll have to update your site more regularly. Someone who posts tutorials or other "how-to" articles may post less often but will still get traffic if they establish a posting schedule their readers are familiar with.

If you can I'd recommend that you post "fresh" content at least twice a week.

As stated above, it really depends. If you're posting more of a social, hip blog though, I recommend posting either every day or every couple weeks. There's no in-between, you're looking to be an enigma. Provided your content is interesting enough, if you post randomly and chaotically you can draw more of a following.

I usually post just once a week because:

1. I do have other online jobs.

2. I'm a mom as well.

3. I research the topic bits by bits all throughout the weekdays.

4. Come the weekends, I start to write it and finally, post it.

This method works for me best because I won't have to write an article that is not of good quality. I like having the time to research my article before even attempting to write it.

As others have mentioned, it depends on the type of niche you are writing about. However, it is better to post regularly and on a schedule so that your readers will catch on and visit the blog regularly. Large gaps between updates means you run the risk of falling behind.

As others have mentioned, it depends on the type of niche you are writing about. However, it is better to post regularly and on a schedule so that your readers will catch on and visit the blog regularly. Large gaps between updates means you run the risk of falling behind.

Yup, this happened to one of my favourite beauty bloggers. I constantly checked her site for updates. Days passed, nothing. Months passed, nothing. Until one day, she updated but alas, her content is not that good quality anymore even with such a long time of being on hiatus. I think her heart is not on the blog anymore. So aside from falling behind, you risk losing that passion for what you do. I never checked her site again after that though I terribly miss seeing her posts.

I don't think there's a right or wrong answer to this question; how often you post really depends what kind of niche you're in. For example, a news blog needs to be updated daily, even multiple times daily. Whereas a blog like ViperChill receives, on average, one post per month.

The founder of ViperChill, Glen Allsopp, averages 3,596 words per post and his blog is fairing very well. Apparently this is because Google, it is argued, tends to favor more lengthier posts with it's new ranking algorithm. I've owned several blogs over the last few years and since I started writing above 1000 words per post I've seen an increase in visitors.

This obviously takes more time which means less posting, but it seems to be working far better than posting 400 to 500 word posts every other day.

What is the the main source of traffic: search engine, subscribers or social media?
If you are depended on search engine, updating old contents once in three months is enough.
If you are depended on subscribers, you need to post at least once in a month.
If you are depended on social media, you need to understand the need of your followers.

Will that in any way affect your SEO? Because, I don't think I can do more than once a week, sometimes you get too busy that you are less chanced to check on your blog if you are actually involved in some other things especially if it is offline.

There's no set rule to say when you have to update your blog, but personally I think twice a week is about right. It gives your subscribers time to read your last update, and also gives you time to research and find content for your next one.

Sticking to a routine is important aswell but often gets overlooked. Try and update your blog, however often that might be, on regular days. Sticking to a pattern of 7pm every Sunday and Wednesday for example will get you and your subscribers into a set routine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sоmе blоggеrs dо bеst whеn thеy’rе in а stеаdy rоutinе—аnd yоu might bе оnе оf thеm. If yоu find thаt роsting оnсе оr twiсе а wееk quiсkly еnds uр аs роsting оnсе оr twiсе а mоnth, thеn yоu might асtuаlly find it еаsiеr tо роst еvеry dаy. Thаt wаy, yоu саn build а strоng writing hаbit.

Аnоthеr rеаsоn fоr роsting dаily is if yоu’rе writing а nеws-fосusеd blоg in а fаst-mоving niсhе. Оnе wееkly роst just isn’t gоing tо wоrk if yоu wаnt tо bе оn thе сutting еdgе оf whаt’s hарреning.

Thеrе аrе аlsо sоmе SЕО bеnеfits tо quiсkly building uр а lоt оf роsts оn yоur sitе: аll еlsе bеing еquаl, thе mоrе раgеs yоu hаvе, thе mоrе орроrtunitiеs а rеаdеr hаs tо find yоu thrоugh sеаrсh еnginеs. (Оf соursе, it’s nоt quitе аs simрlе аs thаt in рrасtiсе—оnе high-rаnking роst will gеnеrаlly bring yоu muсh mоrе trаffiс thаn fivе sо-sо оnеs.)

Sоmе blоggеrs dо bеst whеn thеy’rе in а stеаdy rоutinе—аnd yоu might bе оnе оf thеm. If yоu find thаt роsting оnсе оr twiсе а wееk quiсkly еnds uр аs роsting оnсе оr twiсе а mоnth, thеn yоu might асtuаlly find it еаsiеr tо роst еvеry dаy. Thаt wаy, yоu саn build а strоng writing hаbit.

Аnоthеr rеаsоn fоr роsting dаily is if yоu’rе writing а nеws-fосusеd blоg in а fаst-mоving niсhе. Оnе wееkly роst just isn’t gоing tо wоrk if yоu wаnt tо bе оn thе сutting еdgе оf whаt’s hарреning.

Thеrе аrе аlsо sоmе SЕО bеnеfits tо quiсkly building uр а lоt оf роsts оn yоur sitе: аll еlsе bеing еquаl, thе mоrе раgеs yоu hаvе, thе mоrе орроrtunitiеs а rеаdеr hаs tо find yоu thrоugh sеаrсh еnginеs. (Оf соursе, it’s nоt quitе аs simрlе аs thаt in рrасtiсе—оnе high-rаnking роst will gеnеrаlly bring yоu muсh mоrе trаffiс thаn fivе sо-sо оnеs.)

I agree that the more posts and articles you get on your site will be an advantage for you as far as SEO is concerned, but you still have to make sure that the quality is of a high standard.

Your subscribers aswell as the search engines would rather have 1,000 good quality posts built up over a number of months and years than 1,000 poor fast ones.

Ii usually post two days fresh content to get visits and backlinks

Attachments

• plastics.png
    plastics.png
    36.6 KB · Views: 3
To engage with more audiences, you need to have post daily that include fresh and worthy content. Better to add images or videos. If you really working with SEO perspectives post daily in the social media sites around 3 to 4 posts by depending up on your business type.

It depends on the type of topic you are writing about. However, it is better to post regularly and on a schedule so that your readers will touch on and visit the blog regularly.

MI
Back