The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How much would you expect to pay a good copy writer online?

A

ahsanhabibcx

As per question really.

Obviously, it should be economy to get a copywriter online, but what would be a realistic price for someone that was good? I mean, perfect English....positively not spun content, researched etc.

I have a few domains that I need to populate, varied from health to techie-type. I have a concern and experience in most of the niches but writing is just not my strength.

Wondering what would be a fair charge to consider? Please don't barrage me with PMs...This is not a request but a question that I would like to hear any answers.....what have you paid or what would be a fair price? Per 500 words? Or if I hired somebody with work for 8 domains, some website page content, some blogs....with a decent amount of work potentially going someone's way...what would YOU consider a good price?

Any guidance or skill shared is really appreciated!

Depends, of course, as freelance writers can charge whatever they want.

I used to write for various amounts that changed and increased over the years, from $25 - $75 per blog post/article to $50 per hour at times when I had to deep research a topic. Offline clients were more profitable.

I had regular website and marketing clients that I offered good discounts to, as I had weekly work (and pays) from them, knew their niches and preferences and could pound out their articles, site text and press releases fairly quickly. Mind you, that was a few (six or seven) years ago. A brief negotiation was always involved. I'd either get asked how much I would charge per unit to create X number of posts/articles/etc. per week, or they would ask if I'd be willing to do it for X amount of dollars per piece of work. We'd settle on a price from there.

The sought-after copywriters can charge $150/hr or more. The crème de la crème of copywriters charges approximately $10,000 per sales letter, last I heard.

You have a lot of steady work to offer the right person. I'd strongly suggest that you see samples of their work up front and if you're happy with it, start with a small order to gauge speed, reliability and quality. Oh, and ease of contact. My clients could reach me by phone, text or email and I always answered.

With such a variety of niches, you may or may not need more than one writer. You may find a great writer who crafts terrific content in one niche but sucks in another.

Back to your original question, don't go cheap if you want quality. I'm kind of long out of the loop, so you may want to take this with a grain of salt but I'll go out on a limb here by saying that you're probably looking at, at least $25 each. Mind you, you could luck out and find a great writer who'll do it for $10 or less, because they're just getting started. I definitely would not go for the $1 offers. You'll only have to get them rewritten.

MI
Back