The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

How much time should you spend finding a niche?

oregongal

affiliate
How much time do YOU spend picking a niche? I know that's probably what I spend most of my time agonizing about. It's easy to get paralyzed by asking yourself too many questions and put off taking positive action.

There is SO much great information on finding good niches here at this forum. It's hard NOT to come up with some good ideas. Then I realize that a bit of keyword research is needful. I sometimes get stuck after that wondering if I want to invest my time on working that niche or not...

I know that I spend way too much time spinning my wheels. I'm usually quite happy with my efforts once I start taking action. And actually creating a site is very satisfying. I find that it's much better than sitting and stewing about it.

I wonder how many others have this problem and how they work on overcoming it?

GREAT question oregongal and you bring up some really good points!
I know that if I ever decided to go be an affiliate full-time I would
have many of the same feelings and problems you described.

What do you guys think?
How do you overcome analysis paralysis? :confused:

I KNOW I'm bumping a year oild thread - but the timing is perfect!

How much time???? As long as it takes!!!

I have countless sites, and the most profitable are the ones I devoted to picking a niche!

My favorite niche story is I made a tiny niche site for my babysitter in November

I researched Christmas gifts... then narrowed it to ornaments and stockings, then stocking... finally chose Knit Christmas Stockings

My babysitter and I both made $9000!!!!! She went to Australia... I probably just paid back my marker at The Palms :)

DO the research!!! It's well worth your time!!!

Hey Billy,

Thanks for stopping by and posting. GREAT story!

Bet your babysitter liked 'bonus' and will sit for you anytime now,
since you offer such big perks! :D

wow great story, $9000 from knit christmas stockings?!

everyone says research is key, so I guess you would only stop when you feel comfortable enough with the niche you have chosen and have looked at it from different sides and angles. The amount of time spent probably differs from person to person. For me, I don't like to wait too long before getting going with stuff or else I feel like I'm not getting much 'accomplished'.

I think one of the key things you need to do is try and stay focussed. Yes there are a ton of different niches and methods you can use to enter those niches but you are not going to get anywhere running around trying to do a hundred different things.

Try and stay focussed. Pick 2-3 niches and focus your energies on them until you either find them as profitable or not.

Regards,
Nathan

MI
Back