The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How much do you spend?!

Matt Wilson

affiliate
So do you guys have some sort of plan on how much you spend per product for instance if you get x per sale you will spend x per month promoting it? or do you have a fixed amount per product and asses the situation after a month or so?

So do you guys have some sort of plan on how much you spend per product for instance if you get x per sale you will spend x per month promoting it? or do you have a fixed amount per product and asses the situation after a month or so?

What is your goal with the ad spend?
In general, you're advised to spend 2-3x of the affiliate commission you get to evaluate if it's an offer worth dealing with. So if you get $20 payout and have spent $60 on traffic and haven't made a sale you should move on to the next product to test. It doesn't take a month to test and evaluate the success of a product/campaign.

awesome! im still new to this so all little tips like this helps me massively! would you never re think where your putting the ads etc if you haven't got a sale?

Yes Matt, affiliate marketing is complex. OFC you have to think about the ad placement, the ad, your landing page, the offer, geo, targeting, etc...

What traffic source are you running on?

I was thinking tho if you havnt had a sale after 3 times the commission amount but the stats are good would that not mean your doing it wrong? or could it be something else im not seeing? Like if they have good stats it must be selling well just my method may not be correct for that product?

Im doing a bit on youtube, then some PPC and trying to get my head around SEO at the moment but thats a slow moving ball haha!

At first you're buying data and many newbies think about losing money while doing so, but in reality you need enough data to be able to evaluate a campaign. I like to spend $2-300 to see if a new vertical or campaign is worth my time to try optimizing for profit.

I don't have much experience with SEO but if you want to see immediate numbers to optimize a campaign you should experiment with PPC traffic.

I was thinking tho if you havnt had a sale after 3 times the commission amount but the stats are good would that not mean your doing it wrong? or could it be something else im not seeing? Like if they have good stats it must be selling well just my method may not be correct for that product?

Im doing a bit on youtube, then some PPC and trying to get my head around SEO at the moment but thats a slow moving ball haha!

Youtube is quite cheap. I mean, you shall spend 3-5 times on PPC to get first real data.

Currently ITEAD is doing affiliate and other CPS traffic only. and hope that i can get more valued traffic. is there any traffic source you would like to share?

MI
Back