The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How many words should my pages be?

It depends on the font you are using, of course, but in general, 250-300 words per page. Therefore, a 55,000 word book should be about 200 manuscript pages. A 100,000 word book would be about 400. Editors like 12 point font.

Publishers go by words, not pages. Most adult books are about 90,000 words, and no longer than 100,000 words (unless you’re JK Rowling). Teen books are about 55,000 words.

How many words are there to a page? It depends on the font you are using, of course, but in general, 250-300 words per page. Therefore, a 55,000 word book should be about 200 manuscript pages. A 100,000 word book would be about 400. Editors like 12 point font.

IMO it really depends on the subject matter or content.

I have seen few words, but copy that is semantically correct, along with image or video media on the same page do quite well -- with real users (UX) and not SEO SERP manipulation.

People have a very limited attention span -- like 30 to 90 seconds. We all know the saying mobile first -- I think for people first is an important strategy too.

Graybeard, Nov 24, 2017

Last edited:
For those who need a general rule of thumb, a typical page which has 1-inch margins and is typed in 12 point font with standard spacing elements will be approximately 500 words when typed single spaced. For assignments that require double spacing, it would take approximately 250 words to fill the page.

Google likes fresh and long content. So you can add as much as words but it should be relevant, informative and justify the webpage. An irrelevant content will not going to help you. So just add information which is needed and explain your product or service to your users.

As long as you bumped this -- actually there is another way to look at it: 2-3 page scrolls on the targeted device screen size.

So, you have to get creative with your CSS @Media and HTML and/or your back-end programming. Bottome line: It has to look and read right.

A typical page which has 1-inch margins and is typed in 12 point font with standard spacing elements will be approximately 500 words when typed single spaced. For assignments that require double spacing, it would take approximately 250 words to fill the page.

That may be the spec of a printed or legal document but I fail to see the relevance in Internet marketing to real people or towards SEO optimization.

There is no set *page* size on the display screen -- it is called a fold or a scroll. The size depends on the resolution today --always

Inexpensive software that does what -- exactly?
Software can *curate* (scrape) content possibly but it cannot author useful or original content (text) for you.
You have to write that content on your own.

In other words, it is only possible that the inexpensive software may be a writing aid for you.

MI
Back